Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Really it's not when people express frustration for being harassed by politicians that is a concern. That's venting I suppose. It's when they stop taking when there is a problem when you consider the geopolitical experience.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

BANNED
    My biggest fear is that long lineup in front of “designated drop off area” where we would dump
    our guns for destruction. It’s humiliating. My stomach is turning.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Maybe not so surprising. They know instinctively that its their members who will be enforcing the ban, and in that role they will be running up against the core beliefs of citizens who will not respond well to being forcibly disarmed. Is a surefire recipe for a Canadian Ruby Ridge, or perhaps several of them. There's no way to come out of that looking like the good guy.
    They know there won’t be any resistance and they count on it.
    That’s why they are so ambitious about the ban.
    They will not allow us to gather in big groups. Regardless of the fact that we would not be armed. Isolating small groups and calling them armed extremists is how they do the business.
    This way everything we represent is discredited instantly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You really don't seem legit.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

BANNED
    Why?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG011 View Post
    Why?
    Bexause youre a new account stirring up ####. Stop posting dumbass
    f:P

BANNED
    Dumb ass? Because I’m pointing out certain things?
    Some of you are so checked out it’s not even funny...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Maybe not so surprising. They know instinctively that its their members who will be enforcing the ban, and in that role they will be running up against the core beliefs of citizens who will not respond well to being forcibly disarmed. Is a surefire recipe for a Canadian Ruby Ridge, or perhaps several of them. There's no way to come out of that looking like the good guy.
    I don't know if it is anything as dramatic as that Boomer. The firearms ban will do nothing to curb crime. If these political animals support a failed program they will look like the Feds cucks, as well as inept. ( I just had to use the term cucks ! ). And at a huge cost in police resources and a loss of a large portion of citizen support.

I have a lot more faith in the level of humanity and common sense of Canadian firearms owners to think there is going to be police officers shot or shot at over this. Suggesting it is crazy talk and doesn't belong on the board.

I agree with this.. no ruby ridge stuff !

But i do see mike canmore and lots canoe trips on the horizon lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    I don't know if it is anything as dramatic as that Boomer. The firearms ban will do nothing to curb crime. If these political animals support a failed program they will look like the Feds cucks, as well as inept. ( I just had to use the term cucks ! ). And at a huge cost in police resources and a loss of a large portion of citizen support.

I have a lot more faith in the level of humanity and common sense of Canadian firearms owners to think there is going to be police officers shot or shot at over this. Suggesting it is crazy talk and doesn't belong on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by BG011 View Post
    They know there won’t be any resistance and they count on it.
    That’s why they are so ambitious about the ban.
    They will not allow us to gather in big groups. Regardless of the fact that we would not be armed. Isolating small groups and calling them armed extremists is how they do the business.
    This way everything we represent is discredited instantly.
    Your use of the word "they" seems to refer to Liberal politicians who wish to continue down the confiscation road, whereas my use of the word "they" refers to the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police who are opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dimeN View Post
    I agree with this.. no ruby ridge stuff !

But i do see mike canmore and lots canoe trips on the horizon lol
    The Ruby Ridge incident resulted in the shooting death of an unarmed woman holding her baby at the hands of an FBI sniper, a 14 year old boy was shot in the back by member of the Marshall Service with a burst of MP-5 fire, and a Deputy US Marshall was killed. When standoffs occur, which they could when forced disarmament takes place, bad things can happen. We already know from High River that A) we are not immune from police excesses, and B) the police agencies will not acknowledge that excesses have occurred, never mind take responsibility for them, and C) the politicians will fail to take responsibility for the excesses of the police. So the Ruby Ridge analogy is not so much about gun owners shooting cops, but rather how quickly a situation brought about solely for political ideology, can result in the public losing respect for and faith in their police. The optics are bad from the point of view of the CACP.
    Last edited by Boomer; 10-25-2019 at 07:20 AM.