Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Maybe not the place to post this but....

We have more AR15 receivers available. In the spirit of what Greentips said

"3) Buy more AR15s, buy more semi auto sporting rifles, to show the Liberals Canadian do not agree with them with both our votes and pocket books. We will not stop our hobbies because of the Liberals' threat, bribery and divisive tactics. "

True North Arms is doing its best to make this happen

https://truenortharms.com/ar15_defau...te-rifles.html
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    if ever there is a time when everyone should get guns and stockpile ammo it's when the government says "give up your guns, the government will keep you safe."
    "Hello, we're from the government; we're here to help you". Remember how that worked out for the folks of High River.

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    Maybe not the place to post this but....

We have more AR15 receivers available. In the spirit of what Greentips said

"3) Buy more AR15s, buy more semi auto sporting rifles, to show the Liberals Canadian do not agree with them with both our votes and pocket books. We will not stop our hobbies because of the Liberals' threat, bribery and divisive tactics. "

True North Arms is doing its best to make this happen

https://truenortharms.com/ar15_defau...te-rifles.html
    I so hate being old and on a fixed income. I never did like the AR-15 platform, I've always been a bullpuppy (Tavor, T-97) kind of guy. Now I just plain can't afford an AR, even just a lower.
    Last edited by CaptainPhillips; 06-15-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenDK View Post
    My concern with this is that they see sports shooters as potential psycho's who cannot be trusted and are a liability to our communities just waiting to go off. The reasoning being if they take away the "tools" for mass shooting we are all safe. However this fear and profiling really is disturbing. The next step after this will be a precrime sentence to deviants from official ideology. These people truly see a limited "Democracy" as a safe guard against people with a different ideology as if we were some kind of danger to our own communities that they have to remove.
    I think they see "sport shooters" as shooting clays pr plympic shooting. They see ipsc, 3 guns, idpa, etc. as the potential psychos who'll make a bloodbath. Anything that involves moving even just a little bit and shooting is only for the criminally insane. Except maybe biathlon because it's at the olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemike77 View Post
    You seem to not understand how the modern marxists like Trudeau and his Libs operate. They are in bed with giant corporations and dont give a rats ass about some occupy protestors. Their only goal is to further enrich themselves while further impoverishing us the middle class.
    lol that's not anything close to marxism. Lol again. Marxism at its very core the belief in the collective public ownership of the means of production/ownership/distribution. Being "in bed with giant corporations...to further enrich themselves while further impoverishing us the middle class" is the EXACT OPPOSITE of that. hahaha. Good lord, read a book or something.

They are not nationalizing business, they are privatising governance. That's more like fascism, and nothing like marxism. Oy.
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 06-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaskichuck View Post
    50/50 in favor in Saskatchewan . The Liberals will be voted out. Potheads got theirs hopefully they value their firearms over being stoned.
    This may be venturing into tinfoil hat territory but I believe this government is pro-pot because they realized a stoned population is a docile and compliant population. The tax revenue is just the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 06-16-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    This may be venturing into tinfoil hat territory but I believe this government is pro-pot because they realized a stoned population is a docile and compliant population. The tax revenue is just the icing on the cake.
    I agree. I wonder how many people bother to turn up to work? Not really a problem I suppose if you continue to float our deficits on foreign debt markets.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Quote Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
    https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/22/can...o-new-records/

260,677 the number of Canadians who own at least one pistol or revolver at the end of March 2019...

608,649 people had a Restricted PAL at April 30 2019... (Why are more of you not buying Handguns and ARs?)

936,459 handguns registered to individuals as of May 7 2019...

I would guess the number of PAL/RPAL holders who own at least one rifle or shotgun that would fall under the Liberal definition of "military-style assault weapon" line that Blair is pushing is at least over the 260,000 handgun owners. Yet, since other than the 60-80K ARs, most of them are NR, it doesn't register on any recorded statistic.
    The problem is that a lot of RPAL holders live in cities where they're not close to a range or it's prohibitively costly to be a member. What's the point in buying a gun you can't use because you can't afford to pay the annual membership fee that is more expensive than some guns out there? Or they live in rural areas and can't shoot on private property because it's not allowed. So you have all this open space but you have to drive, sometimes very far, to go to a range to shoot a restricted. Now, if you could buy a restricted for self-defence or shoot it on private property/crown land that would probably increase the number of RPAL holders that own a restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by hitfar1 View Post
    Exactly how I feel, why is my AR not called a RANGE carbine, as that is the only place I can use it, legally.
    My real fear is AR`s will be grandfathered prohib, and ATRS, SLR, Stag, and whatever else non-restricted now , become restricted.
    I have a feeling they'll all suddenly be assault style rifles.

What bothers me is their definition of the "assault style" rifles were rifles designed for rapid fire using high capacity magazines... By their definition "assault style" rifles are already banned in Canada due to our magazine capacity restrictions

Buy more AR's!! Get more people into RPAL's!

It's all a numbers game with the Fiberals. Double the number of AR's in circulation from est. 100k to 200k!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bradmclean's Avatar
    …...
    leave no can standing