Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

This article by the globe states that rcmp data shows 0.66% of gun crimes committed were done with AR15 style assault weapons.

So why the Ban? Sure sounds like they’re grasping at straws on this policy!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...rol-debate-is/

VOTE THEM OUT it is the only way! IF they get back it with a slim majority it will ALL be over and your guns will be gone, it will take some time but rest assured they WILL do it, because it make NO FLIPPING sence and that is the liberal way!

Post Liberals break promises.

Huh. The Liberals can't even enforce the existing CFA, so how do they plan on enforcing their proposed Act?

If they'd bothered to enforce the one we've already got, then there'd be no need to force a new one on us.

None of the 'antis' I've talked to have even bothered to read the CFA. To them "gun control" is a knee-jerk/reflex: "Guns are evil, and must be destroyed."

So the proposed ban is no more than a political football that gets booted around whenever elections come up; the Liberals think it's an automatic vote getter.
    They may use it to help them win the election, but it will not result in them achieving any of their stated goals.

But I'm not too worried...Trudeau rarely keeps his election promises!!
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 09-21-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: pore spelink

Delete Trudeau

CGN Regular
    The vast majority of guns are never traced back to any particular origin. Take 2017, for instance. Of the more than 1,700 firearms seized by Toronto police that year, only 330 guns could be linked to either Canada or the United States.#

#The total number of firearms seized by Toronto police is much higher than the number of those guns that can be traced back to either Canada or the U.S.

And there’s another revealing insight in the numbers released by the Toronto police: roughly half of the crime guns seized by Toronto police in 2017 were classified under Canadian law as “prohibited,” meaning they are virtually banned and only rarely possessed by any Canadian civilian (the only real exceptions are Canadians who owned said firearms before the current gun control classification system was introduced in the 1990s). Any kind of further crackdown on gun ownership in Canada would have extraordinarily limited impact on these guns, which, again, were half the crime guns seized in Toronto in 2017 (I haven’t crunched the numbers for each year going back to 2007, but prohibited guns are a major portion of the total in every year). These guns are effectively banned already. Is that not evidence that the debate about banning guns is missing the mark?
    Last edited by Therapy; 09-22-2019 at 12:21 AM.

CGN Regular
    Thats was c&p from this article from global news awhile ago.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4428617/m...me-statistics/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Huh. The Liberals can't even enforce the existing CFA, so how do they plan on enforcing their proposed Act?

If they'd bothered to enforce the one we've already got, then there'd be no need to force a new one on us.

None of the 'antis' I've talked to have even bothered to read the CFA. To them "gun control" is a knee-jerk/reflex: "Guns are evil, and must be destroyed."

So the proposed ban is no more than a political football that gets booted around whenever elections come up; the Liberals think it's an automatic vote getter.
    They may use it to help them win the election, but it will not result in them achieving any of their stated goals.

But I'm not too worried...Trudeau rarely keeps his election promises!!
    Trudeau will act quickly on his new gun control measures if he is re-elected as he has already laid the ground work with C-71 ; and all ARs and related firearms will be fully banned within two years of a new Liberal mandate . Look how quickly Trudeau acted on his pot legalization plan . The Liberal Party of Canada has believed for years that only the police and military should have guns in Canada , and they are ready to act quickly to enforce their anti gun agenda .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqson View Post
    IMHO, I think there's going to be another big run on AR-15's...
    There’s a lot for sale on the EE right now. I don’t think there will be a run on them since there has been no suggestion of grandfathering. I won’t buy another one since it would be flushing my money down the toilet if he gets back in. The liberals don’t care if we buy another 10,000 ARs. It won’t change their plans.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    It appears that our calls and emails have stopped Bill Blair's quick plan to ban guns by OIC. He is now talking about what the Liberals want to do after "the election". He is making no bones he and the Liberals party are targeting AR15 and other semi automatic sporting rifles. It will be an outright ban, confiscation and some sympathy money to silence resistance.
    and why wouldn't this work ? Canadians love having their money given back to them

He is also trying to divide the firearms community:...…….
    once again this has been very successful given online activities

If all fire arms orgs and supporters just said "NO this ain't gonna happen " this would scare the crap out of them and they would stfu pretty fricken quickly …...but its not .

The way I see it we are looking at a minority gov anyway you slice it , if Scheer gets in as a minority they libs and leftards with not do much until the recession hits , and it will come quickly the unions and other dark forces will see to that, pushing an early election and the second coming of Trudeau under the flag of "look how good it could've been if you listened "

if its a Trudeau minority the leftards will support the boy king until they can't hide the recession anymore (and frankly I think we are already in one ….a long one ) then another early election with the banner of "if you would have given me the power to do what I wanted we wouldn't be suffering , its scheers fault "

I think the greens will actually gain a lot in this election adding to the moonbat situation.

The media events of the last week has really solidified my opinion that people will vote left no matter what it costs them or their children

Quote Originally Posted by Price449 View Post
    This article by the globe states that rcmp data shows 0.66% of gun crimes committed were done with AR15 style assault weapons.

So why the Ban? Sure sounds like they’re grasping at straws on this policy!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...rol-debate-is/
    because it looks good , and the only reason why this government does anything

If I could talk my wife into moving I would submit a claim for refugee status in the USA lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    There’s a lot for sale on the EE right now. I don’t think there will be a run on them since there has been no suggestion of grandfathering. I won’t buy another one since it would be flushing my money down the toilet if he gets back in. The liberals don’t care if we buy another 10,000 ARs. It won’t change their plans.
    Buy 1 and keep the receipt. One might think of it as a free rental.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.