Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada C8 NLD Upper Receiver

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar

Colt Canada C8 NLD Upper Receiver

These are fun.

Add a C8 carbine barrel assembly and you have the same uppers used on the C8NLD rifles supplied to the Ministry of Defence, The Netherlands minus the FDE doors on the upper.
    These come with black doors as pictured. (FDE are not available).

I couldn't resist putting one together to see what it is like. I love it!
    If your thinking of doing a build, we can also supply the correct take off C8 barrel (same as used on the build below).
    We also have some NEW in the box Diemaco C8 barrels.(due to limited numbers, C8 barrels will be only available for customers purchasing the C8NLD
    IUR from us) Can also build a complete upper for you, please inquire pricing and options to info@nordicmarksman.com

A complete C8NLD Upper with C8 barrel weighs in at 3.36lbs (excluding the BCG & CH)

Click on any photo below for all things Colt Canada.

Some photos of in service C8NLD rifles.

Are any of the parts/uppers/complete rifles of the Netherlands available in Canada?
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

Also interested in accessories

I noticed on the pic with the C8 lying down with the grenade launcher that the lower has the S-R-3 markings for fire control under the (presumably newer) paint markings. Did CC initially do a run of 3 round burst lowers for the Dutch or was "3" the marking for "Auto" before?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    I noticed on the pic with the C8 lying down with the grenade launcher that the lower has the S-R-3 markings for fire control under the (presumably newer) paint markings. Did CC initially do a run of 3 round burst lowers for the Dutch or was "3" the marking for "Auto" before?
    Their 3rd setting is auto as well.

These are remarkably light. I quite like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrantula View Post
    Also interested in accessories
    Aimpoint comp m4, 3x aimpoint twist top magnifier

B&T Grip bipod, or magpul afg2, magpul asap sling plate. Not sure who makes the stock.
    Last edited by r34skyline; 06-16-2019 at 07:02 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Whats the point of the doors?

My guess it is for the barrel wrench, so they can ship the spare barrel with the FSB as a single unit, and the depot at the client doesn't have to screw with the FSB in maintenance/repair work.

If the client already has an inventory of spare C8 barrels, it makes sense.

Without the barrel wrench, it is impossible for anyone to DIY.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    From the listing:

These first generation uppers come with aluminum-lined glass fibre "side doors" on the handguard, which can be easily removed to allow the barrel to be installed with a short, but specialized, barrel nut wrench. It uses a standard gas tube.
    So finally an IUR that you can do in house barrel swaps.

The question is, does it include the short, but specialized, barrel nut wrench. If not can you source the wrench for us and approx how much $ is it?

I’m very excited that CC is finally releasing so many of their products to the public, and my wallet feels the exact opposite way.

Given the current situation, you’d think CC would be going nuts pumping out the stripped lowers, since they’re basically a guaranteed profit right now....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Gen 1 IUR use the gi barrel nuts. Those doors allow you access for the wrench.

Gen 1.5/2 is what the danish bought which iirc started using the propietary cc barrel nut and wrench but still used the standard gas tube.

Gen 3 or the cansofcom/sas started using a propietery gas block, straight gas tube, and some gucci coating on the barrel behind the gas block.

Mrr has the mlok handguard vs the gen 3 iur which has the pic. Their barrels are lighter profiles. Otherwise they retain the other technical propietary parts of the gen 3 iur

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast