Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Complete build kits in stock starting at 316.10USD

IRUNGUNS, do you carry LMT/lowers and complete rifles or Knights Armament lowers? Those would sell like hot cakes...
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    doubletap.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    The kit showing was but i dont see it there anymore, must have sold out! Lots of people looking, maybe they will bring in some PSA kits, the had some around the same price!
    Out of curiosity do you know what the difference between the two kits was?

A 20" PSA kit with A2 handguards would really catch my attention.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    And...I'm guessing it's the "pistol" builds that are $316? I can't seem to find a rifle at that price point; the closest is $341, or have I just not seen something?
    Cheapest pistol kit is 316$, cheapest rifle kit is 341$. Similar kit will be cheaper in pistol version because there's no buttstock.

Before jumping into something like this, I guess i should also ask: not being a tool guy, what tools are required to put such a kit together?
    Most tools you should own if you have a normal toolbox (wrench, punches, hammer, etc) except 2:

1-the barrel extension tool. It's fairly cheap at brownells: https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod27452.aspx
    2-An armorer's wrench. Typically around 40$.

If you look at the video on brownells page, you'll see a tool in a vise. It's the armorer's wrench.

There's a million other tools that can help like a vise block or an upper vise block. A lot of videos you'll see don't use the barrel extension tool to fix the barrel to the upper, but that's a "wrong" way to do it. When you do that, you apply a lot of torque on the upper with the wrench. When using the torque tool, all the force is applied on the barrel only. The barrel is made of thick steel while the upper is made of thin aluminum, so the barrel can handle a lot more than the upper can.

Thanks for the info Vinny. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    How about some 7.62x39?
    They have complete upper.

https://www.irunguns.com/parts-gear/...hbar-16rf00385

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Out of curiosity do you know what the difference between the two kits was?

A 20" PSA kit with A2 handguards would really catch my attention.
    No, i would have to look them up again but basically the same and similar pricing! I would like on at the $300.ish price mark basic, with around a 14.5 i ch barrel if not a bit longer.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    No, i would have to look them up again but basically the same and similar pricing! I would like on at the $300.ish price mark basic, with around a 14.5 i ch barrel if not a bit longer.
    Yeah, that price is phenomenal. At $341 + tools I’m thinking it might be preferable to just pick up another complete PSA rifle...although a 20” rifle or the 10.5 M-Lok (should IRG bring it back in) would be ideal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yeah, that price is phenomenal. At $341 + tools I’m thinking it might be preferable to just pick up another complete PSA rifle...although a 20” rifle or the 10.5 M-Lok (should IRG bring it back in) would be ideal.
    Buying tools is annoying if you're gonna build only one AR in your whole life, but otherwise you can amortize the cost over multiple units. Or you can sell them on the EE when you're done. Heck, I would probably be a taker for a once used barrel extension tool at a good price.

The advantage of the tacfire kit over the PSA is that you end up with a rifle that's Optic Ready with free float handguard instead of a delta-ring handguard and a big FSP. At the end of the day, when you're done building the tacfire, the PSA and the Tacfire will be different rifles, and if you have budget for both, there is a place for both in one's safe. If you have only budget for one, the tacfire will definitely end up more expensive after you factor in the price of the tools, especially if you account for the sale of your current lower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    IRG, will you be getting in any more of the kits pictured above?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".