Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Complete build kits in stock starting at 316.10USD

I purchased the $334.93 USD kit. Add $25 USD for shipping from US to Canada and it translates to $495 CAD.
    I called IRG a few days ago to inquire about the status of the order and was told it was being cleared through customs. I asked if it would be delivered directly to me or if it's going to some warehouse in Canada first. I was told it would ship directly to me.
    Sure enough, yesterday I get an email about a payment due. I was charged $22.78 CAD for GST (fine), $19.53 CAD for shipping within Canada (what?), $3 CAD for proof of age (huh?), and $10 CAD for insurance (I wasn't even asked).
    So my $335 USD purchase resulted in a total cost of $550 CAD.
    I am not impressed with my IRG experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I purchased the $334.93 USD kit. Add $25 USD for shipping from US to Canada and it translates to $495 CAD.
    I called IRG a few days ago to inquire about the status of the order and was told it was being cleared through customs. I asked if it would be delivered directly to me or if it's going to some warehouse in Canada first. I was told it would ship directly to me.
    Sure enough, yesterday I get an email about a payment due. I was charged $22.78 CAD for GST (fine), $19.53 CAD for shipping within Canada (what?), $3 CAD for proof of age (huh?), and $10 CAD for insurance (I wasn't even asked).
    So my $335 USD purchase resulted in a total cost of $550 CAD.
    I am not impressed with my IRG experience.
    I recently purchased a BCM complete lower. Before proceeding with it I personally messaged them and spoke to them in person and was told the whole process. 25USD to get it from the states to Canada then GST and shipping from Canada's warehouse to me. I still saved over $170 buying it from them then in Canada. I'm glad they have insurance. Canada post only covers $100 so if by chance your $500 purchase goes missing off your porch or what not they will only give you $100. I was actually going to ask them to up the insurance to cover the complete replacement cost and they already had done that.

I completely understand your frustration with the added costs you weren't aware of.

Although I can't speak to the $3 proof of age charge?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How did you pay the extra tax and shipping? My link didn't work. Maybe just call them? Thanks.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    How did you pay the extra tax and shipping? My link didn't work. Maybe just call them? Thanks.
    I would call or try longing onto you account and pay that way. May need to use laptop/computer rather then on phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    My link didn't work either. It just kept asking me to log in and for some reason I couldn't log in or get the password sent to me.
    I called them and paid over the phone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Phone it is, thanks folks!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    I recently purchased a BCM complete lower. Before proceeding with it I personally messaged them and spoke to them in person and was told the whole process. 25USD to get it from the states to Canada then GST and shipping from Canada's warehouse to me. I still saved over $170 buying it from them then in Canada. I'm glad they have insurance. Canada post only covers $100 so if by chance your $500 purchase goes missing off your porch or what not they will only give you $100. I was actually going to ask them to up the insurance to cover the complete replacement cost and they already had done that. I completely understand your frustration with the added costs you weren't aware of.

Although I can't speak to the $3 proof of age charge?
    Canada post only reimburses the shipper, not the purchaser. from their webpage.
    We are committed to the safe handling of all mail and parcels. You can file a claim to recoup the postage and the insured value if:

• You sent the parcel through one of our trackable services with insurance coverage. These services include: Priority™, Xpresspost™, Expedited Parcel™ and Regular Parcel (insurance coverage is available for a fee).
    • You are the sender. If you are the receiver, please contact the sender to initiate the claim.
    • You mailed your item within the last 90 days.
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.

CGN Regular
    I paid my gst and shipping 4 days ago and still dont have a shipping notification.... this import process is a bit of a pain in the ass. Think I will buy in stock items in Canada from now on only.

Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    I paid my gst and shipping 4 days ago and still dont have a shipping notification.... this import process is a bit of a pain in the ass. Think I will buy in stock items in Canada from now on only.
    I believe our shipment won’t ship till aug 15 and arrive around aug 20th.

The June purchases shipped mid July and arrived July 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    Think I will buy in stock items in Canada from now on only.
    Same.