Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch fights for survival

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    [QU
    OTE=BeaverMeat;16064667]They must be a great company to work for... no need for union interference.[/QUOTE]

Wow! What a silly comment! If HK was managed correctly in the first place they wouldn’t be in this predicament. “Union interference”... comical how inept management types always blame the worker

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junction View Post
    First off, much respecto senior .....
    secondly, do you have a R34 Skyline? It is literally my dream car. I have fantasized about R33/R34 Skylines for years...... If I win the lotto max, how much can I have it for? I promise ill treat her nice!
    Unfortunately i do not. I bought too many Hk to be able to afford one. Maybe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    They must be a great company to work for... no need for union interference.
    Take this with a grain of salt since I've only ever interacted with one employee but apparently it's an excellent company to work for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    I own both HK and Knights Armament. Build quality is equal in most respects. As a civi, I am not going to ever take any of my many AR’s to outer limits of their capability as to directly compare reliability with a voice of authority. Price and build, however are equal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Thats their call. You're not wrong. At this point we're in the wal mart generation. We all mope about the quality of everything going down. But we speak a different language when we speak with our wallets.

But despite all this. I suspect this is more sensationalist journalism more than anything. They aren't going anywhere.
    We're also in the Honda generation. We've seen our parents buy ####ty Chrysler that cost an arm and a leg and broke down completely after 100,000km, while we drove our first civic to 300,000km after paying half the price for it. Sure, the ride is a bit bumpier, but some companies have proven again and again that you can have quality stuff for less and brand names often comes at a cost that doesn't add up to quality.

Some people need to wear tommy hilfigher, to drink starbuck and send sms on an iPhone. Some people will pay 1/3 the price for homebrewed coffee that's just as good and an android phone that works better than anything apple has ever built. HK seems like the Apple of guns to me.

Too busy selling to drug cartels... Right!!!!

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    We're also in the Honda generation. We've seen our parents buy ####ty Chrysler that cost an arm and a leg and broke down completely after 100,000km, while we drove our first civic to 300,000km after paying half the price for it. Sure, the ride is a bit bumpier, but some companies have proven again and again that you can have quality stuff for less and brand names often comes at a cost that doesn't add up to quality.

Some people need to wear tommy hilfigher, to drink starbuck and send sms on an iPhone. Some people will pay 1/3 the price for homebrewed coffee that's just as good and an android phone that works better than anything apple has ever built. HK seems like the Apple of guns to me.
    "tommy hilfiger" "sms"...how old are you?! LOL

HK is far, far from the "apple of guns"...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    By all means explain where they Lost sight ? Lol
    They lost sight when they chose bureaucratic compliance and taxation over half their potential market.

Laugh all you want, not my house on fire.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joejinx View Post
    Too busy selling to drug cartels... Right!!!!
    In 2006 and 2009 they were in the midst of selling 4,500 G36 rifles to Mexican officials. Apparently they were not supposed to sell these rifles to several of the northern states because so rife in local corruption chances were very high these would end up in the hands of the cartels.

The allegation against HK sales personnel, is that they contacted Mexican officials and coached them to modify the end user certificate to hide the state these were to be used within. Quite illegal.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    HK- "Because you suck and we hate you"

Customers- *stop buying overpriced products*

HK- :
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    [QU
    OTE=BeaverMeat;16064667]They must be a great company to work for... no need for union interference.
    Wow! What a silly comment! If HK was managed correctly in the first place they wouldn’t be in this predicament. “Union interference”... comical how inept management types always blame the worker[/QUOTE]

No. I’m just not one for (modern) unions. Not wanting to get into an argument... they have a place, unfortunately the concept has been lost as unions now operate as businesses with management. For example, a teacher’s union that owns real estate? Sounds like a business to me.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.