Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch fights for survival

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    I gather you are referring to the Ontario Teachers pension fund? I suggest you research it before posting comments that both irritate others who applaud its amazing success and make you look foolish. All pension funds are invested as is our Canada Pension plan. I also don’t want to get into a debate with you about the merits of a union as I can certainly see we share no common ground here.

People have been begging HK to make a semi mp7 for civilians in 9x19mm, to which their social media response is always "cry me a river". They must not like money or just have zero sense.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .45automatic View Post
    People have been begging HK to make a semi mp7 for civilians in 9x19mm, to which their social media response is always "cry me a river". They must not like money or just have zero sense.
    Because that is the dumbest thing to request to them. You want a 9mm wannabe mp7 you get a tp9 by b&t.

The mp7 was designed around the 4.6x30mm cartridge. Making an airsoft or 22lr replica is one thing. A 9mm version... while the ump 9mm and mp5 apready exists... yeah thats pretty phenomenally dumb.

Before we get more posts regarding "HK should make this semi-auto for me or that semi-auto", research German Gun Law and regulations. This is what often "handcuffs" HK from doing so. Very strict and they live with super radical left-wing members of their government who stick their noses....with political clout and power....into German defense / firearms / tech companies all the time. They live the nightmare everyday of what Canada can become if governed by a combination of Lieberal / Green / NDP collation governments.
    So spare me the "HK should do this, or HK should make me and my buddies that" comments.

Rich

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .45automatic View Post
    Lmaooo!!!

...you'd have to rebuild and redesign the whole gun...and its size/weight would greatly increase.

Why stop at 9mm tho? Why not a .25-06 MP7 or a .30-40Krag...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Before we get more posts regarding "HK should make this semi-auto for me or that semi-auto", research German Gun Law and regulations. This is what often "handcuffs" HK from doing so. Very strict and they live with super radical left-wing members of their government who stick their noses....with political clout and power....into German defense / firearms / tech companies all the time. They live the nightmare everyday of what Canada can become if governed by a combination of Lieberal / Green / NDP collation governments.
    So spare me the "HK should do this, or HK should make me and my buddies that" comments.

Rich
    That's why FN USA, CZ USA and SIG USA are basically their own entities, while HK USA is just a sub of HK Germany.

There are ways to get around the laws in structuring the corporations.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    I own both HK and Knights Armament. Build quality is equal in most respects. As a civi, I am not going to ever take any of my many AR’s to outer limits of their capability as to directly compare reliability with a voice of authority. Price and build, however are equal.
    Thing is, BCM parts are going to last just as long as Knights or HK.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get good quality.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Well if the Turd gets flushed in the fall and HK still in business, I foresee a MK223 in the safe hopefully with their 2020 restock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Thing is, BCM parts are going to last just as long as Knights or HK.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get good quality.
    Very true, however, question was which AR’s were of similar quality to HK. My only true experience with something roughly on par with HK was KAC. I’ve owned LMT,Colt, DD and Armalite.... all fantastic rifles but IMHO the KAC rifles are on par. Again, question was also raised with regard as to why HK was so expensive. And, again, IMHO, if you want to compare apples to apples, HK and KAC rifles are also closely matched in price due to higher quality and materials among other attributes.

Looks like HK is here to stay!

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3552984

Recently received from HK:

Dear Valued Partner,

I find it disappointing, but necessary, that I need to clear up the disinformation circulating in the media following our latest financial report. This narrative is the result of a chain reaction of doom and gloom started by a German news source that has been historically antagonistic toward HK. That one article triggered an initial US report on The Firearm Blog that lacked critical context. From there it just got worse, with each subsequent article sounding more bleak than the last. This culminated in a report from the Military Times that only served to remind us that, while HK is still very much alive, American journalism continues to die a slow and painful death.

Rather than argue about the conclusions of the authors, I would like to simply point out some facts:

Of the three US news stories, none contacted HK for comment for their reports.

The first two US articles (The Firearm Blog, The Outdoor Wire) used a foreign news story as their primary source without questioning their accuracy or motivation.

A third US article (Military Times) used the first two US articles s its primary sources, creating a sensationalized third- or fourth-hand account.

Of the three US articles, none referenced a single number from the HK financial report.

To be clear, HK still remains a leveraged company. This places a burden on the business that non-leveraged companies don’t have. However, we have met and continue to meet all covenants associated with this debt. The full story is easy to find in the financial data the news media neglected to report. Here are some key examples:

From 2014 to the end of 2018, HK’s debt was reduced from 290 million Euros to 235 million and the interest rate on that debt was reduced substantially.

Over the course of 2018 and thus far in 2019, HK reported positive EBITDA in every quarter.

Over that same period, HK’s cash position doubled.

Claims of “diminishing sales” and “difficulty securing new large-scale contracts” are patently false. In fact, the last six quarters for HK have shown record order-intake, including a substantial backlog of large-scale contracts.

HK invested a combined 8.3 million Euros toward increased capacity and efficiency in both the Obendorf, Germany and Columbus, GA facilities in 2018.

The full financial report and other key data can be found at https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/ir/annual-accounts.html and https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/ir/key-figures.html.

At HK, we are committed to supplying and servicing our US partners for many profitable years to come. I can assure you that we are in it for the long haul.

Sincerely,

Michael Holley

CSO/COO - Heckler & Koch - US