Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch fights for survival

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    What the hell was he going to say??

Yes, we are in trouble? So, he can watch all potential contracts and customers look somewhere else?

The fact they even responded shows a level of desperation not seen before. Hk is notorious for going dark with almost all communication.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    What the hell was he going to say??

Yes, we are in trouble? So, he can watch all potential contracts and customers look somewhere else?

The fact they even responded shows a level of desperation not seen before. Hk is notorious for going dark with almost all communication.
    Guess they are damned if they do damned if they don't huh?

I do find Hk haters particularly amusing.

The official hk statement said everything that needed to be said. The debt is being reduced and the contracts are in for years and odds are the g36 replacement contract will be theirs and it's not even confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Thing is, BCM parts are going to last just as long as Knights or HK.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get good quality.

And you have what data point to conclude that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Guess they are damned if they do damned if they don't huh?

I do find Hk haters particularly amusing.

The official hk statement said everything that needed to be said. The debt is being reduced and the contracts are in for years and odds are the g36 replacement contract will be theirs and it's not even confirmed.

And you have what data point to conclude that statement?
    Just keep drinking the kool-aid.

I waited over a year for a warranty part for my last HK. Damn ridiculous. They won't EVER get another dime of my money.

Murph83

When was the last time anyone held a brand new SFP9, P30, USP45 or USP9 in store in canada ??

Ya, but their doing fine. Nothing to see here.

Murph83

When was the last time anyone held a brand new SFP9, P30, USP45 or USP9 in store in canada ??

Canadian civilian sales are a drop in the bucket for most companies. Store presence isn't a good indicator of anything here.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar

Bullseye in London, ON always stocks many new HKs.

They fully, correctly and openly explained it all, the "situation" and you see that as double proof they are in bad times? Hahaha get over yourself.

Servicing guns in general in Canada is hard...even for guns like Smith and Wesson with them just being across the boarder...a high end, European gun company is gonna be even harder...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Just keep drinking the kool-aid.

I waited over a year for a warranty part for my last HK. Damn ridiculous. They won't EVER get another dime of my money.
    I have every plans on continuing to do so. I'm sure Hk is missing your whopping purchase power of one...

And when their factory is on 2 year backlog on current contracts with no word on when the german rifle contract will hit yeah... they're hurting alright

And i know you love your dinosaur method of holding stuff but someday you will realize how online sales work... wait wait wait. You are moping about feeling things out on the vendor thread that solely has an online shop with no actual store for you to walk in and fondle the inventory?

The amount of ignorance presented by these US articles is staggering.

Obviously they don't read the bloody financial statements ( or maybe these US writers do not know how to read financial statements? )

I scanned through their 2018 FR their interest expenses had gone down. Their overhead seems to be under control Their revenue increased but COS increased by the same amount - this is because of bottleneck in parts delivery and the product mix, and they had to pay more to get it done. In other words, they have more business than they can handle so they end up losing money on some of these sales to get things out of the door just to fulfill contracts.

Hence in the first QTR the CEO talked about improving manufacturing efficiency. And I suspect part of this efficiency solution is to reduce product mix, this means less choices for civilian products and bigger min. order or higher price if purchasers wants their own configurations.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

As a consumer why would one by an H&K MR223 @ $3799 (DurhamOutdoors) over a Daniel Defense @ $2100-2600. These are both guns used by "tier 1 delta seal ninja rangers" so if both are good for them, I can't imagine one is overly better. Most of the channels of ex mil guys I watch seem to be running DD or BCM AR15/M4, and they have a choice to buy whatever they want with their money. So from the civilian side in Canada why pay the extra $1100 plus? Please don't say the quality lol. All three companies DD HK BCM make amazing rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    As a consumer why would one by an H&K MR223 @ $3799 (DurhamOutdoors) over a Daniel Defense @ $2100-2600. These are both guns used by "tier 1 delta seal ninja rangers" so if both are good for them, I can't imagine one is overly better. Most of the channels of ex mil guys I watch seem to be running DD or BCM AR15/M4, and they have a choice to buy whatever they want with their money. So from the civilian side in Canada why pay the extra $1100 plus? Please don't say the quality lol. All three companies DD HK BCM make amazing rifles.
    Seems durham has upped their prices. I grabbed mine for 3299 from bullseyelondon.

If you get a dd or bcm or a colt canada and add the features the mr223a3 comes with stock such as the extended latch, ambi safety, ambi sling slot, ambi mag release, ambi bolt catch(not possible without a lmt mars or a kac lower) 2 stage trigger, iron sights. You will find it is on par if not more expensive than the Hk...

Some people like fettling and adding the stuff later. Some like the solution off the gate.

There are other things that might help it in gov use such as such as grenade launcher lug, or safety that can be engaged after dropping the hammer and a handguard that retains zero after disassembly and reassembly and its distinct advantage in suppressor usage especially in short barrel configurations. Keep in mind for joe blow canadian shooters these are useless advantages but if we are to argue the merits of the capabilities they are there.

I notice at 3799 it's still a better value than a knights...

Edit:
    As for youtube gun dudes that were ex cool kids majority of them are usually sponsored by one of said companies... not that bcm or dd isn't awesome they absolutely are.

And this is one of the rare times we can have the cooler gear than the americans. Because out of the factory opyions their mr556/a1 are a non chrome lined 16 inch barrel gun... the end. They don't have a factory 11 inch or 14.5 option. We do.
    Last edited by r34skyline; 07-22-2019 at 06:54 PM.