Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch fights for survival

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    In 2014 Charles and David Koch had a net worth above $100 Billion dollars.

With all their old military and police sales of G36s and and MP5 family and pistols and their new sales with HK416s/417s and grenade launchers (GMG was around 1.4 million with optics per unit I read) - and they're losing money?

Sorry but they have to have some seriously ####ty business decisions or managing going on.

Economics isn't my thing but when Trump told Lockheed martin that he was looking at not buying the F35 because it was too expensive blamo overnight Lockheed was somehow able to shave millions of dollars per plane off the price tag over night.

HK has always charged top price for their stuff (with good reason) but it seems like they didn't care about moving their prices around to stay competitive.

P30 is an amazing pistol. $90 Canadian for a pistol magazine? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Charles and David Koch
    Really strong opinion for someone who's completely wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar

With all their old military and police sales of G36s and and MP5 family and pistols and their new sales with HK416s/417s and grenade launchers (GMG was around 1.4 million with optics per unit I read) - and they're losing money?

Sorry but they have to have some seriously ####ty business decisions or managing going on.

Economics isn't my thing but when Trump told Lockheed martin that he was looking at not buying the F35 because it was too expensive blamo overnight Lockheed was somehow able to shave millions of dollars per plane off the price tag over night.

HK has always charged top price for their stuff (with good reason) but it seems like they didn't care about moving their prices around to stay competitive.

Those guys are not related to H&k so...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    It’s not Just the German Government, it’s USA as well. Don’t kid yourself Germany is still essentially a post war government that is dictating its foreign masters interests for the most part. That explains why in the modern sense that Left Wing parties or ideologies dominate that country.

As for HK it self. The problems that have taken over that company like Colt USA had little to do with the employees or direction the company was going but the subversive nature of the people that have taken over the company. They used HK as a trust fund and took all the money out of it. When it was sold 15 years ago or longer I forget exactly, they had a surplus of over 50million in hard cash. Not too mention other assists. They also started buying real estate during the boom in the US before the crash. So essentially it’s the owners.

Besides that most of these comments are whack as usual with Crap thinking. I don’t see people complaining about Swiss Arms prices for example or so many other companies.

Keep in mind HK took a beating for pushing civilians ownership during the 90’s Assault Weapons ban craze for being pro 2A civilian ownership. A lot of you guys were not around during those years.
    Thank you. I don't know how such a simple concept is so hard to understand.

The ignorance of the haters blows my mind. Almost compared to anti levels of ignorance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKRZ View Post
    Really strong opinion for someone who's completely wrong.
    Whoops you're absolutely right. My mistake about the brothers.

I stand by the rest of the observations. That's a lot of firearms, firearm designs and firearm contracts HK has had. They have to be ####ting the bed somewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I see they are so desperate, they are teaming up with Hi-Point!

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Let them die. They dug their own grave.
    Lol

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    They should have started selling to the civilian market years ago, is it too late now? Time will tell.
    Blame USA export laws placed on them after WWII...makes it hard for them to sell to civvies.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Or they could just move their factory to say..... China,Mexico and avoid bothersome issues like high payroll and taxes! Oh, wait a minute.... they are a German company and like most Western European companies probably quite loyal to their workforce as they still realize its them that make the quality products that they so enjoy to profit from. If you pay peanuts, you will get monkeys.... simple as that. Kudos to HK.
    Last edited by rajczak_kashka; 06-19-2019 at 08:59 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar

Lol.... you’re either kidding or from Kentucky
    Last edited by rajczak_kashka; 06-19-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    It’s not Just the German Government, it’s USA as well. Don’t kid yourself Germany is still essentially a post war government that is dictating its foreign masters interests for the most part. That explains why in the modern sense that Left Wing parties or ideologies dominate that country.

As for HK it self. The problems that have taken over that company like Colt USA had little to do with the employees or direction the company was going but the subversive nature of the people that have taken over the company. They used HK as a trust fund and took all the money out of it. When it was sold 15 years ago or longer I forget exactly, they had a surplus of over 50million in hard cash. Not too mention other assists. They also started buying real estate during the boom in the US before the crash. So essentially it’s the owners.

Besides that most of these comments are whack as usual with Crap thinking. I don’t see people complaining about Swiss Arms prices for example or so many other companies.

Keep in mind HK took a beating for pushing civilians ownership during the 90’s Assault Weapons ban craze for being pro 2A civilian ownership. A lot of you guys were not around during those years.
    Didn't know any of that, H&K has always been something I admire from afar as I cant afford such extravagances at this point in my life. Maybe one day...
    Hi, I'm President Business, president of Octan Corporation and the world. Let's take extra care to follow the instructions or you'll be put to sleep, and don't forget Taco Tuesday is coming next week!