Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch fights for survival

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    LMAO you're kidding right?
    The only one joking is the person that thinks there is an american ar as versatile as a 416.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    The only one joking is the person that thinks there is an american ar as versatile as a 416.
    The 416 is a great platform, but holy hell it is expensive for the average joe to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by JFF View Post
    The 416 is a great platform, but holy hell it is expensive for the average joe to justify.
    The mr223a3 is actually in line with a dd or colt canada if you add the features to one that the hk comes with stock.

Don't believe me?

Mr223a3
    $3299

Your dds and cc around 2100-2300.
    2 stage trigger. Geisseles show up on the ee for 250 new retail can be around 300.
    Ambi safety. Standard on cc. Extra 80-140 on dd.
    Ambi sling plate. Standard on cc. 25-50 bucks on dd.
    Iron sights. 200-400 depending on brand.
    Ambi mag release. $120-200.
    Extended latch charging handle. 80-200 depending on brand or.
    Ambi bolt catch... whatever custom machine work costs.
    Winter trigger guard. $10-20 bucks.

Add all the featureset of the guns the hk comes with as standard you'll discover it's actually less money than a comparably accessorized colt canada or daniel defense or high end bcm rifle.

And its significantly cheaper than kac or lmt mars pattern guns.

On the mil side of the house the barrel life on the hk are second to none the bolt life on average is better. Especially under a heavy mix of automatic suppressor usage. That usually leads to a better life cycle value.

Don't get me wrong. A budget gun these are not. And cheap they are not. But understand while yes it's pricey. It's actually quite in line with other high end ar pattern carbines and no more "overpriced" than the other good makes such as cc or dd or bcm.

The mr223a3 is actually in line with a dd or colt canada if you add the features to one that the hk comes with stock.

Don't believe me?

Mr223a3
    $3299

2 stage trigger. Geisseles show up on the ee for 250 new retail can be around 300.

Add all the featureset of the guns the hk comes with as standard you'll discover it's actually less money than a comparably accessorized colt canada or daniel defense or high end bcm rifle.

On the mil side of the house the barrel life on the hk are second to none the bolt life on average is better. Especially under a heavy mix of automatic suppressor usage. That usually leads to a better life cycle value.

Don't get me wrong. A budget gun these are not. And cheap they are not. But understand while yes it's pricey. It's actually quite in line with other high end ar pattern carbines and no more "overpriced" than the other good makes such as cc or dd or bcm.
    You do bring up a very fair point, but like you said a budget gun these are not. I will never argue with the quality that HK puts out, but on the civvy side I assume their sales suffer as they do not appeal as much to the average joe, or even the guy that will spend $2300 on a DD or CC and then slowly build and add on as funds become available.

Awww cry me a river. That’s what you get for hating on / ignoring the civilian market.

Quote Originally Posted by JFF View Post
    You do bring up a very fair point, but like you said a budget gun these are not. I will never argue with the quality that HK puts out, but on the civvy side I assume their sales suffer as they do not appeal as much to the average joe, or even the guy that will spend $2300 on a DD or CC and then slowly build and add on as funds become available.
    Thats their call. You're not wrong. At this point we're in the wal mart generation. We all mope about the quality of everything going down. But we speak a different language when we speak with our wallets.

But despite all this. I suspect this is more sensationalist journalism more than anything. They aren't going anywhere.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    Awww cry me a river. That’s what you get for hating on / ignoring the civilian market.
    More like respecting the spirit of very strict German weapon export laws...
    Another great manufacturing company going down while the masses are cheering.

Everyone should handle and fire an H&K MP5 (and a G3) once in their life to see what is true built quality.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    More like respecting the spirit of very strict German weapon export laws...
    Another great manufacturing company going down while the masses are cheering.

Everyone should handle and fire an H&K MP5 (and a G3) once in their life to see what is true built quality.

Alex
    Is that ever the truth. The mp5sd was an experience and then some. As was the mp7. Those two are probably the most consistantly easy small arms I've used to manage in burst or auto. Especially the mp7. The absurd ease of shooting tight 5-10 round bursts into head sized targets blows your mind.

Don't believe me?

Mr223a3
    $3299

First off, much respecto senior .....
    secondly, do you have a R34 Skyline? It is literally my dream car. I have fantasized about R33/R34 Skylines for years...... If I win the lotto max, how much can I have it for? I promise ill treat her nice!
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    H&K employees jointly voted to increase weekly work hours without paid overtime, as well as nixed a one-off payment of 400 Euros per head for the month of July, so as to provide their beleaguered company some form of relief.
    They must be a great company to work for... no need for union interference.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.