Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10/30 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

CGN frequent flyer
    These are great and function well
    f:P

Has anyone bought these recently and had like a round plug or pin at the bottom of their mag? Is it safe to remove it since the mag is crimped if removed will it increase capacity to more than 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Has anyone bought these recently and had like a round plug or pin at the bottom of their mag? Is it safe to remove it since the mag is crimped if removed will it increase capacity to more than 10?

I just bought 7. My mags have that plug... I'm not sure what exactly it's for either, but mine were greased up.

Also, I Run Guns ships fast (thanks)! I haven't had a chance to take the mags to the range yet, but I have loaded them all up and they all hold 10 rounds as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by richmond_driver View Post
    I just bought 7. My mags have that plug... I'm not sure what exactly it's for either, but mine were greased up.

Also, I Run Guns ships fast (thanks)! I haven't had a chance to take the mags to the range yet, but I have loaded them all up and they all hold 10 rounds as expected.
    I bought 10 of these mags I’ll say it outright it’s ill advised don’t take out the plug rivet at the bottom DO NOT take it out these do not function as advertised. I though the crimps would work as advertised as to permanently limit it to 10rds, the pin at the bottom is now what limits it to 10rds permanently. So I don’t think you should take it apart to clean it.
    Last edited by Jest4phun; 07-03-2019 at 06:49 PM.

I bought 10 of these mags I’ll say it outright it’s ill advised don’t take out the plug rivet at the bottom DO NOT take it out these do not function as advertised. I though the crimps would work as advertised as to permanently limit it to 10rds, the pin at the bottom is now what limits it to 10rds permanently. So I don’t think you should take it apart to clean it.
    Wait, so the crimps are meaningless? If you pull the plug out it holds 30 rounds and if you put the plug back in it goes back to holding 10 rounds?

CGN frequent flyer
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by richmond_driver View Post
    Wait, so the crimps are meaningless? If you pull the plug out it holds 30 rounds and if you put the plug back in it goes back to holding 10 rounds?
    Crimps aren’t meaningless it stops it but not at its quoted 10rds the plug actually holds in a floor plate limiter to permanently get it to 10rds. Hypothetically if said plug was gone nothing stops you from removing said limiter in and out whenever you wanted and finding out how many you can jam in without it. Since said follower may go down lower than said 10rds with crimp. So your choice is now don’t clean it take it apart ever or have a mag you might be able to adjust round count whenever you wanted. Personally first time I ever gotten the 10/30 body’s and the prospect of the advertised take apart to clean no longer applying.......
    Last edited by Jest4phun; 07-03-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Crimps aren’t meaningless it stops it but not at its quoted 10rds the plug actually holds in a floor plate limiter to permanently get it to 10rds. Hypothetically if said plug was gone nothing stops you from removing said limiter in and out whenever you wanted and finding out how many you can jam in without it. Since said follower may go down lower than said 10rds with crimp. So your choice is now don’t clean it take it apart ever or have a mag you might be able to adjust round count whenever you wanted. Personally first time I ever gotten the 10/30 body’s and the prospect of the advertised take apart to clean no longer applying.......
    Personally, I can live without cleaning the magazine. I just don't want the RCMP to kick down my door and shoot my non-existent dog because removing the butt plug from the magazine to clean them made them temporarily illegal.

BANNED
    Butt plug and Rcmp what a combo !

I’m not happy with em I bought them in mind being able to clean them and take em apart since I get them dirty but finding out if I do I’ll be a criminal isn’t what I signed up for when I sought out these mags. Sucks I had to buy 10 to find out this way

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast