LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10/30 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

Has anyone tried to seat one of these mags loaded to 10 rounds on a closed bolt? Ideally they would have a 10.5 round capacity.

I see so many pinned mags that can't be seated on a closed bolt, totally useless imo.

These are the same as the 10/20 that I posted on. Same Body, same crimp method, same manufacturer...

They can be loaded on a closed bolt, but you have to slam/ram them in. My MP15 not a biggie, the x95 though... yeah, you need to slap them in hard(er).

These are the same as the 10/20 that I posted on. Same Body, same crimp method, same manufacturer...

They can be loaded on a closed bolt, but you have to slam/ram them in. My MP15 not a biggie, the x95 though... yeah, you need to slap them in hard(er).

They work in a bit with usage as well. Mine started going in easier on a closed bolt after about 700 rounds through 4 mags.

Had anyone removed that butt-plug of a rivet on theirs already?

I think if PMAGs can be legal with a small rivet that can be easily drilled out then these mags will be legal with a crimp and a block but without the silly rivet.

Had anyone removed that butt-plug of a rivet on theirs already?

I think if PMAGs can be legal with a small rivet that can be easily drilled out then these mags will be legal with a crimp and a block but without the silly rivet.

Yeah I did. The rivet was securing an internal round limiter (plastic).. not sure why that thing was in there as even without it, I can only load 10rounds... maybe some state requires an actual plate limiter in addition to crimps... we just got a weird batch of mixed mags (received 3 that were ok and two that had the rivet)

I'd take a picture right now, but im outside on the patio, smoking a siglo 1 with some gold label (the scotch, not cigar ;) ).

Yeah I did. The rivet was securing an internal round limiter (plastic).. not sure why that thing was in there as even without it, I can only load 10rounds... maybe some state requires an actual plate limiter in addition to crimps... we just got a weird batch of mixed mags (received 3 that were ok and two that had the rivet)

I'd take a picture right now, but im outside on the patio, smoking a siglo 1 with some gold label (the scotch, not cigar ;) ).

Good to know.

Did you just drill it out?

Enjoy! :cheers:

Maybe you were lucky then I ordered the 10/30 mags and took out the rivet for 2 of em, still held 10 but once the plastic limiter was removed I could double the capacity so the crimps didn’t do it for mine. Pretty sure they qualified to be prohibited since the rivet was gone and no longer permanently held it to ten so irunguns just took em back and I’m suppose to get replacements, so go at your own discretion on whether to remove them I have heard the 10/20 mags if you remove em their fine I feel maybe the ones I got weren’t crimped far or hard enough I dunno.

Just curious, the manufacturer put the rivet there for some reason, one could only assume it was to ensure the capacity stayed at 10 rounds. I'm just trying to understand why everyone is drilling it out. Would someone like to throw in .02 as we will relay this back to ASC?

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

Just curious, the manufacturer put the rivet there for some reason, one could only assume it was to ensure the capacity stayed at 10 rounds. I'm just trying to understand why everyone is drilling it out. Would someone like to throw in .02 as we will relay this back to ASC?

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

The issue is that some of the mags have crimps, and others have crimps AND a rivet.

I drilled one of mine out, removed said rivet and plastic limiter from inside the magazine and I still could only load 10 rounds.

If you REALLY want to talk to ASC, please tell them to crimp all their pistol mags to hold 10.5rd (lower the crimp by 1/8"). :)

You can't remove anything with that rivet (cleaning and whatnot). Even with the rivet drilled out, I can't remove the follower (as advertised)

Having that huge rivet on the bottom also stops us from adding ranger plate-type bottoms/couplers/etc.

Last edited:

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

For me specifically I wanted the extra meat on the mag to grab onto but still retaining the ability to be broken down and cleaned since I get mine fairly dirty. The ones you brought in before didn’t have the rivet and worked as advertised with the crimps but these new ones now have rivets which pretty much defeated the purpose of taking it apart to be cleaned. And if one needed to service their mag like the first one I got which had like a binded spring and only fit like 3rds I had no choice but to take it apart only to find out about this other issue. If these new mags aren’t suppose to be taken apart and can’t be cleaned or serviced anymore like the last batch it might be best to inform people that it no longer works like the last ones and change the description on your website to reflect it.

the issue is that some of the mags have crimps, and others have crimps and a rivet.

I drilled one of mine out, removed said rivet and plastic limiter from inside the magazine and i still could only load 10 rounds.

If you really want to talk to asc, please tell them to crimp all their pistol mags to hold 10.5rd (lower the crimp by 1/8"). :)

you can't remove anything with that rivet (cleaning and whatnot). Even with the rivet drilled out, i can't remove the follower (as advertised)

having that huge rivet on the bottom also stops us from adding ranger plate-type bottoms/couplers/etc.

this

I removed the rivets on mine and they still held exactly 10 rounds and wouldnt feed on a closed bolt as there was too much tension on the round. Sold them at a loss.

Rather pay a little more on the 10/10 mags and put on a extension.

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

1) Cant clean the mags
2) Crimping should be sufficient to limit the mags to 10.5 rounds to make it load on a closed bolt. If not, a small inconspicuous rivet on the side of the magazine / internally installed rivet, please.
3) Look butt-ugly and ruin the aesthetic look of my property!

just got my 6 today and all have rivet and the crimp >.>

I'll state what I did again, I removed one of them and still limited to 10rds. The rivet has the same hole diameter as the normal hole in the bottom plate, so if you drill them out with a same-or-slightly-smaller mesh, there should be no damage to the mag.

If they hold more than 10, just rivet it on the side/internal to 10.5 rounds and you're good to go.

I'll state what I did again, I removed one of them and still limited to 10rds. The rivet has the same hole diameter as the normal hole in the bottom plate, so if you drill them out with a same-or-slightly-smaller mesh, there should be no damage to the mag.

If they hold more than 10, just rivet it on the side/internal to 10.5 rounds and you're good to go.

This is my plan as well so I can install ranger plates and be able to clean.

Did this last night to five. Drilled, removed plastic block and added ranger plates. All good.

At least for me, they seat on a closed bolt in my LMT lower.

Back
Top Bottom