Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10/30 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

Has anyone tried to seat one of these mags loaded to 10 rounds on a closed bolt? Ideally they would have a 10.5 round capacity.

I see so many pinned mags that can't be seated on a closed bolt, totally useless imo.
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal_Vader View Post
    Has anyone tried to seat one of these mags loaded to 10 rounds on a closed bolt? Ideally they would have a 10.5 round capacity.

I see so many pinned mags that can't be seated on a closed bolt, totally useless imo.
    A 30 rd mag is also a ##### to seat on a closed mag. Hence most dont load them to 30

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    These are the same as the 10/20 that I posted on. Same Body, same crimp method, same manufacturer...

They can be loaded on a closed bolt, but you have to slam/ram them in. My MP15 not a biggie, the x95 though... yeah, you need to slap them in hard(er).
    'nada

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    These are the same as the 10/20 that I posted on. Same Body, same crimp method, same manufacturer...

They can be loaded on a closed bolt, but you have to slam/ram them in. My MP15 not a biggie, the x95 though... yeah, you need to slap them in hard(er).
    They work in a bit with usage as well. Mine started going in easier on a closed bolt after about 700 rounds through 4 mags.

CGN frequent flyer
    Had anyone removed that butt-plug of a rivet on theirs already?

I think if PMAGs can be legal with a small rivet that can be easily drilled out then these mags will be legal with a crimp and a block but without the silly rivet.
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Had anyone removed that butt-plug of a rivet on theirs already?

I think if PMAGs can be legal with a small rivet that can be easily drilled out then these mags will be legal with a crimp and a block but without the silly rivet.
    Yeah I did. The rivet was securing an internal round limiter (plastic).. not sure why that thing was in there as even without it, I can only load 10rounds... maybe some state requires an actual plate limiter in addition to crimps... we just got a weird batch of mixed mags (received 3 that were ok and two that had the rivet)

I'd take a picture right now, but im outside on the patio, smoking a siglo 1 with some gold label (the scotch, not cigar ).
    'nada

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Yeah I did. The rivet was securing an internal round limiter (plastic).. not sure why that thing was in there as even without it, I can only load 10rounds... maybe some state requires an actual plate limiter in addition to crimps... we just got a weird batch of mixed mags (received 3 that were ok and two that had the rivet)

I'd take a picture right now, but im outside on the patio, smoking a siglo 1 with some gold label (the scotch, not cigar ).
    Good to know.

Did you just drill it out?

Enjoy!
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Good to know.

Did you just drill it out?

Enjoy!
    yes, the rivet is slightly smaller than the hole in the magazine floorplate, so once you drill it out, there's no 'damage' to the magazine parts at all
    'nada

Maybe you were lucky then I ordered the 10/30 mags and took out the rivet for 2 of em, still held 10 but once the plastic limiter was removed I could double the capacity so the crimps didn’t do it for mine. Pretty sure they qualified to be prohibited since the rivet was gone and no longer permanently held it to ten so irunguns just took em back and I’m suppose to get replacements, so go at your own discretion on whether to remove them I have heard the 10/20 mags if you remove em their fine I feel maybe the ones I got weren’t crimped far or hard enough I dunno.

Just curious, the manufacturer put the rivet there for some reason, one could only assume it was to ensure the capacity stayed at 10 rounds. I'm just trying to understand why everyone is drilling it out. Would someone like to throw in .02 as we will relay this back to ASC?

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast