Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10/30 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Just curious, the manufacturer put the rivet there for some reason, one could only assume it was to ensure the capacity stayed at 10 rounds. I'm just trying to understand why everyone is drilling it out. Would someone like to throw in .02 as we will relay this back to ASC?

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team
    The issue is that some of the mags have crimps, and others have crimps AND a rivet.

I drilled one of mine out, removed said rivet and plastic limiter from inside the magazine and I still could only load 10 rounds.

If you REALLY want to talk to ASC, please tell them to crimp all their pistol mags to hold 10.5rd (lower the crimp by 1/8").

You can't remove anything with that rivet (cleaning and whatnot). Even with the rivet drilled out, I can't remove the follower (as advertised)

Having that huge rivet on the bottom also stops us from adding ranger plate-type bottoms/couplers/etc.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 07-08-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    'nada

Just curious, the manufacturer put the rivet there for some reason, one could only assume it was to ensure the capacity stayed at 10 rounds. I'm just trying to understand why everyone is drilling it out. Would someone like to throw in .02 as we will relay this back to ASC?

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team

For me specifically I wanted the extra meat on the mag to grab onto but still retaining the ability to be broken down and cleaned since I get mine fairly dirty. The ones you brought in before didn’t have the rivet and worked as advertised with the crimps but these new ones now have rivets which pretty much defeated the purpose of taking it apart to be cleaned. And if one needed to service their mag like the first one I got which had like a binded spring and only fit like 3rds I had no choice but to take it apart only to find out about this other issue. If these new mags aren’t suppose to be taken apart and can’t be cleaned or serviced anymore like the last batch it might be best to inform people that it no longer works like the last ones and change the description on your website to reflect it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    the issue is that some of the mags have crimps, and others have crimps and a rivet.

I drilled one of mine out, removed said rivet and plastic limiter from inside the magazine and i still could only load 10 rounds.

If you really want to talk to asc, please tell them to crimp all their pistol mags to hold 10.5rd (lower the crimp by 1/8").

you can't remove anything with that rivet (cleaning and whatnot). Even with the rivet drilled out, i can't remove the follower (as advertised)

having that huge rivet on the bottom also stops us from adding ranger plate-type bottoms/couplers/etc.
    this
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    I removed the rivets on mine and they still held exactly 10 rounds and wouldnt feed on a closed bolt as there was too much tension on the round. Sold them at a loss.

Rather pay a little more on the 10/10 mags and put on a extension.

CGN frequent flyer

Thanks.

the US IRUNGUNS Team
    1) Cant clean the mags
    2) Crimping should be sufficient to limit the mags to 10.5 rounds to make it load on a closed bolt. If not, a small inconspicuous rivet on the side of the magazine / internally installed rivet, please.
    3) Look butt-ugly and ruin the aesthetic look of my property!
    Il messanger non è importante

just got my 6 today and all have rivet and the crimp >.>

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itr452 View Post
    just got my 6 today and all have rivet and the crimp >.>
    I'll state what I did again, I removed one of them and still limited to 10rds. The rivet has the same hole diameter as the normal hole in the bottom plate, so if you drill them out with a same-or-slightly-smaller mesh, there should be no damage to the mag.

If they hold more than 10, just rivet it on the side/internal to 10.5 rounds and you're good to go.
    'nada

CGN Regular coldcashandcolderhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    I'll state what I did again, I removed one of them and still limited to 10rds. The rivet has the same hole diameter as the normal hole in the bottom plate, so if you drill them out with a same-or-slightly-smaller mesh, there should be no damage to the mag.

If they hold more than 10, just rivet it on the side/internal to 10.5 rounds and you're good to go.
    This is my plan as well so I can install ranger plates and be able to clean.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but Trudeau wants mine.
    CPC Member
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Did this last night to five. Drilled, removed plastic block and added ranger plates. All good.

At least for me, they seat on a closed bolt in my LMT lower.

ordered 3, been trying to find these for a while now....Thanks IRG
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast