Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Air Rifle

CGN Regular
    Probably at least 1000$ realistically is my guess. They're really fun to shoot though and pellets are cheap, and crazy accurate. my pcp rifles stacks pellets off a bench at 25yrds.... You could put 100 in a dime. I hardly shoot also so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    what is the MSRP on this?
    Airgun source has them for 750-800 synthetic or wood stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Looks like a lot of fun. I have a PCP 22 air rifle and I fill it using a scuba tank. I have adjusted the velocity to around 900 fps (it can shoot the heavies as fast as 1200 fps) and with heavy 22 pellets, like 18 grain, it is very accurate. It will shoot on par with a quality 22 rimfire and good ammo at 50 yards. I sometimes shoot it tethered to the scuba tank when the pressure in the tank has fallen below 2500 psi and you can shoot forever without any change in velocity. Otherwise, shooting off the internal tank, you start to see changes in velocity after around 30 rounds. Roughly. Velocity actually rises as pressure begins to drop, as the hammer is able to open the valve further due to less resistance. That helps compensate for dropping pressure and keeps it steady in velocity for say 30 rounds. Then eventually velocity begins to fall.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    How loud are they?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    No where near as loud as a 22 rimfire, very quiet when outdoors, similar to a 22 short. In a small basement or garage, its a pretty loud pop, but you don't need ear protection. No one outside the house is going to hear it. With ear protection, its hardly a sound. You need a good back stop for any indoor shooting, and metal targets designed for lower power air rifles will be damaged by the higher velocity. To give you an idea of the penetration power of 1000 fps 22 airguns, it will go through 7 thin tuna tins.

Personally I would recommend buying a used aluminum scuba tank, have it recertified, then its good for 5 years. Make sure you have a shop that will fill it if you don't have a scuba divers certificate. Or, buy a new high pressure paintball tank, and find a place that will refill it. You can get as many or more fills off a smaller high pressure tank, than a much larger, low pressure scuba tank. With a 3000 psi scuba tank, once the pressure has fallen to a certain level, and it depends on the gun, but say 2200 psi, its no longer able to fill your gun to the say 2500 psi it might need to operate optimally.
    Last edited by Grizzlypeg; 06-21-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    For an airgun this actually interests me

Would like to know who has these in stock or coming soon.

I thought our humble Canadian Gun laws forbid the Marauder with the ‘Standard Barrel Shroud’ intact. I thought that it could only be sold in Canada with the baffles removed, so the Canadian version was “Loud”, and the outside barrel shroud was shortened so that the baffles could never be added.

Is this the same identical Marauder that is sold in the USA? Or a Canadian Version.

Cheers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I was reading a product description on a Canadian site that described the rifle as being Canadian compliant with inner barrel shroud removed. I can't remember which place it was. It took a little shine off it for me.

How to.l buy this air gun, does anyone can tell me where is the cheapest of website or store can buy this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast