Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 card waiting time

Hi, I am in Ontario and finally got my Restricted/Non-restricted last Thursday.

I originally did my course like 5 years ago, never got around to submitting my paperwork, photo and paying the fee until Feb of this year. The RCMP still had all my paperwork/results from the person gave me the course. Don't know how long they keep it for.

Any who, submitted my paperwork around Feb 2019. Site status said received application 14 Mar 2019. Kept checking status for approval and only around June they said it was approved and issued in the mail and I should receive it within 2 weeks. But I didn't actually get the license till around a month later. I literally was about to call them on wed but forgot and then the very next day it showed up.

They had some mechanical issues a few months ago and then some issues with the paper/plastic that the PAL card gets printed on. Approx 6-8 weeks to receive PAL card after approval.

My "friend" renewd his license 2 months in advance. Disclosed his divorce in the last year-and-a-bit. His license is now expired, despite his status showing "...processed and issued... He called the CFO the other day and they said something about a process change with printing the cards, and that there's a minimum 3 week back log. He was advised that he can't even "handle" his guns, let alone go hunting or to the range unless there's an appropriately licensed person within "arms reach" of the gun.

A friend of mine was approved in Feb and still has not received his card even after numerous calls. He’s been told it could take up until mid August to receive in the mail. We’re in Ontario
    Caliber Shooting Association | St. Andrew's Lodge AF&AM No.16, GRC

I just got off the phone with them today... They received my application May 21st, I completely forgot about the application until about 3 days ago. Called them yesterday (July 17th) asked about my status, and was told its still being processed, I asked about the typical 45 day wait period, and was told due to an increase in applications, I may not hear anything for the next 3-6 MONTHS (unreal...) I called them today to ask about the status again just to sorta harass them, got told by the guy he pushed my application to being accepted, now waiting on being printed as they clear up the backlog, and to call in 2-3 weeks if I haven't received my license! Hopefully I'm not told the same thing in 2 weeks time....
    No More Trudeau!

I sent in a renewal about mid May, My license was approved and issued May 20 th . Just not printed or sent ... I called about three weeks ago and they said it is good but no card for me yet, call back in a month . The good news is twice when I called I got an answer in 2 rings. The third time I waited for the usual 45 minutes . old card was invalidated as soon as my new one was processed on May 20th so I lost 2 months of being able to use my Rpal on that date. It expires in a few days but they already invalidated it in May . Vote CPC and hold their feet to the fire( in regards to C71 and fixing the firearms act for good) as soon as they get in !
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

Sent my renewal and payment in at the beginning of March. Mine just rolled in today...
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

I don’t feel safe to take my guns out of the gun storage safe now that my card expired on May and I might just play with my toy gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12