Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRUNGUNS now carries Proof Reasearch barrels

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I dont know what the deal is exactly, but I had a firearms verifier confirm my above statement on a BLI imported proof barrel back when I was planning a BCL102 build that has yet to come to fruition. BLI did not order anything special, so I am doubtful this is a coincidence that their batch just so happened to meet the legal requirements for NR status.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Interesting... would it be possible to have you guys install proof research barrel in stag 10 instead of faxon barrel?
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BattleRife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    Do you know how that is measured?

It's measured to the bolt face (with the firing pin removed). Not all US manufacturers bother to measure that way, as it's not relevant to THEIR laws.

There have been US made barrels that are called 18" but actually measured 18.5" when measured to the bolt face (the Canadian legal way of measuring).
    More proof that taking advice from "some guy on the internet" is a bad idea.

From www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to
    the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device... Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod
    into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the
    furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and
    measured.
    In other words, exactly the same as Canadian law measures it.
    --BattleRife

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I have measured 18" barrels from Noveske, Ballistic Advantage, Seekins Precision and Odin Works.

ALL have measured 18.125" - 18.126" from bolt face to muzzle indicating that the barrel section itself (not including barrel extension) is exactly 18" in length. Add in the bolt face depth and voila, you get 18 1/8 inches. Exactly 3/8" too short to meet Canadian NR requirements.

I would HIGHLY caution anyone from buying an 18" barrel from ANY barrel manufacturer, especially a US based manufacturer, and thinking it's going to magically stretch 3/8" just because you really really want it to.

$1300 Canadian Pesos is A LOT of coin to shell out just to risk coming out on the short end of the tape measure.

Of course, if it's NOT going on a NR build none of this is relevant.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12