Thread: Clarification of online order status

CGN frequent flyer

Clarification of online order status

Hi IRG,

Instead of calling or emailing and clogging up your comms I have been patiently watching my online account for updates to my order status.

Quick question:
    Can you explain the different statuses so we don't have to call in for clarification?

For instance I currently have an order "2- Processed Approved Transfer and Pending Shipping to Customer".

I assume the approved transfer is in regards to CFO stuff, but does "Pending Shipping to Customer" mean it in Arizona or in Canada? Also what does the number mean?

It would be great to know these things.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    CCFR Member

Great question!

CGN frequent flyer
    i'm only guessing here, but based on IRGs business model of importing firearms from the US to Canada once a month - i would expect that:

Your transfer has been approved, so IRG will now add your firearm to their next cross border shipment. And will be shipped to you once it is in Canada. Shipments are around the middle of the month, so depending when your status changed/when you placed your order you should have some idea of when you will be receiving your firearm.

I don't imagine they would want to bother to import firearms into Canada THEN apply for the transfer - what if it was refused (invalid PAL #, some other error, not allowable in Canada etc etc)? They'd be stuck with a firearm they had paid to get into Canada.

1: Payment received
    2: Transfer approved
    3: Shipped to Canada
    4: Shipped to customer < Is how i see it playing out.

Assuming you bought something from the US that has to be imported of course. Otherwise you'd be skipping from #2 > #4
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Thank you for your question. If you've ordered from our US website, we are able to verify serial numbers and add the firearms into our Canadian business inventory and start the firearm transfers with the Chief Firearms Office before they even leave our Arizona facility. This way, once they arrive to our Canadian facility, there are no delays as long as the 5% GST and Canada Post shipping is paid before we start unloading the export truck and sorting packages.

The status "2- Processed Approved Transfer and Pending Shipping to Customer" means your firearm transfer has been approved by the CFO and is pending being shipped to you.
    Unless I have your order number, I cannot verify if your order is in our Arizona facility or our Canadian facility.
    The number 2 is just our internal number so that instead of typing in the whole status, we can quickly enter the status number instead, which populates the status description.
    Normally, if your transfer is approved and is still in our Arizona facility, the order status would say "Transfer approved from CFO and pending export to Canada"

Have a great day!
    IRG - Carolyn

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN frequent flyer
    I just logged back in and saw the status has been changed to "Transfer Approved and Pending Export to Canada" thank you for the clarification. I'd much rather self serve by checking my online order status than calling in and distracting your team from getting the work done.

Thanks again!!
    CCFR Member