Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bushnell Prime scope issue......lack of adjustability.....

New Bushnell Prime scope issue......lack of adjustability.....

Ive tried to contact you through the website and left a voicemail on my issue.

Purchased a Bushnell Prime scope at the end of may 2019. I don't see the scope on your website anymore.

Finally got it mounted up and out to bore sight it and put on the final "live round adjustments" as per Bushnell online manual ( https://www.bushnell.com/content/non_product/support/customer_service/Product%20Manuals%20PDF%27s/Riflescopes/Prime/RP310BS4/Prime_Riflescopes_5LIM_FullManual_web.pdf ).

I removed the windage and elevation covers. There is no elevation "clicker" or whatever you want to call it. There IS one for the windage. See photo below.

I think I may have gotten a previous return? I don't know.

I put 3 shots on paper at 25 yards, they were all way left. Adjusted the scope to the right, fired 3 more, still needed to go further right, clicked it a few more and it stopped, Im at the end of the adjustability.

Now what? Invoice #37650

Please advise. I'm almost at the end of the 30 day return policy timeline.
    Don't piss into the wind

Super Moderator
    Suggestion - it looks as if your rings have built in windage adjustment. What brand are they? Millett?
    Center the windage adjustment on the scope. Use the opposing screws on the clamps to roughly boresight windage zero. Then fine tune using the scope's windage adjustments.

No name rings I bought at a gunshow for $10. no idea what they are.

There is no adjustment in the rings. I think what your seeing is the hex (allen) fastener that mounts the (each) base to the dovetail.

I'll try to get a better photo later today.
    Don't piss into the wind

Return the scope turrets to about the middle of their adjustment range. If the rings allow it, try turning then around 180 degrees and see if your windage error is now the other way. Then they changing the rings from back to front, and alternating which ring faces which way.

That two piece base of yours could also be the problem. Try turning the bases 180 degrees one at a time of they will allow.

Or just toss those $10 rings and try something better.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodosmike View Post
    No name rings I bought at a gunshow for $10. no idea what they are.

There is no adjustment in the rings. I think what your seeing is the hex (allen) fastener that mounts the (each) base to the dovetail.

I'll try to get a better photo later today.

Is there a clamp on each side of the ring? The rings in the photo look like Millett Angle-Loc rings. There are two clamps on each ring. Loosen one side, tighten the other, to adjust windage.
    Last edited by tiriaq; 06-27-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Yes, two clamps on each ring. I'll remove and centre them and see what happens

I think the scope is still missing an adjustment piece..........
    Don't piss into the wind

Don't piss into the wind

Your scope is missing a piece, ask for remplacement/refund

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodosmike View Post
    Yes, two clamps on each ring. I'll remove and centre them and see what happens

I think the scope is still missing an adjustment piece..........
    It does look like the scope is missing a piece. Tiriaq is right though, if your rings have a clamp on each side they are windage adjustable. If you're shooting way off to one side and the scope is maxed out then chances are your rings need adjusting - replacing the scope will fix the missing piece, but it won't get you on target if the rings are the source of the windage being way off.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Super Moderator
    Incidentally, be careful adjusting windage with the scope rings. A heavy handed approach can result in a tweaked scope. Lock one ring down firmly, start shifting the other laterally, and the force is trying to bend the scope.
    There should be a cap on the elevation stem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast