Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My order...

Expried Business Member
    We are aware of the short comings of our current site. It is a dog which is why we have new website launching in a couple weeks. Our current software is riddled with issues and was never set up properly from the start. It is to the point now where we have to manually process every aspect of the order, it is very labor intensive.

I have been using our beta site over the past couple weeks and it is MUCH better, easier to navigate, faster software.... the list goes on.

fastest way to contact us is to call us during business hours.

-Matt

CGN frequent flyer
    You understand amazon has 1000’s of employees, dozens of distribution centres, hundreds of coders constantly stream lining every aspect of their supply chain, and massive deals with shipping companies that guarantee delivery dates, right? How is a company like wanstalls with maybe a dozen employees, an external coder that has other jobs, and a small warehouse supposed to match Amazon’s same day delivery (not shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I hate when I hear "impossible for small companies". It's actually the other way around. It's harder for larger companies to ship faster, they have to keep an order book so they don't have a bunch of employees sitting around during downtimes, but smaller stores don't have that problem. A lot of small outfits, dealing in firearms or other stuff ship the same day or the next day. I've bought from about half the sponsors at the top of this page, and most if not all of them have shipped within 2 days.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We are aware of the short comings of our current site. It is a dog which is why we have new website launching in a couple weeks. Our current software is riddled with issues and was never set up properly from the start. It is to the point now where we have to manually process every aspect of the order, it is very labor intensive.

I have been using our beta site over the past couple weeks and it is MUCH better, easier to navigate, faster software.... the list goes on.

fastest way to contact us is to call us during business hours.

-Matt
    Thanks! Finally a response. Sorry, but with not so much as an order acknowledgement or a receipt after your website accepted the order, I assumed that my small order from Ontario had low priority when I saw all the promotions in your forum here at CGN.

I will try your new website when it is up an running, but for me, presently, communication is king.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    You understand amazon has 1000’s of employees, dozens of distribution centres, hundreds of coders constantly stream lining every aspect of their supply chain, and massive deals with shipping companies that guarantee delivery dates, right? How is a company like wanstalls with maybe a dozen employees, an external coder that has other jobs, and a small warehouse supposed to match Amazon’s same day delivery (not shipping)
    BTW, I was not looking for same day shipping; what I need is a confirmation that an order has been received, especially when I pay up-front with a credit card.

Communication is key to success in any business and in our personal lives. As an engineer, I know that when a project or a process fails, communication issues are usually a key contributing factor, if not the root cause itself.

Just check you bank account(CC) and see if the sale is still in the pending column or moved to the “sale processed”

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    BTW, I was not looking for same day shipping; what I need is a confirmation that an order has been received, especially when I pay up-front with a credit card.

Communication is key to success in any business and in our personal lives. As an engineer, I know that when a project or a process fails, communication issues are usually a key contributing factor, if not the root cause itself.
    You go on about communication is key. But did you pick up the phone and call them? Nope took the lazy way and emailed, then complain that they never got back to you.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    You go on about communication is key. But did you pick up the phone and call them? Nope took the lazy way and emailed, then complain that they never got back to you.
    Another member I’ll never deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    Another member I’ll never deal with.
    Well it's true, phone is the fastest way to get a response. Then the 100s of email plus a day, and the possibility of it getting over looked.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN frequent flyer
    Sorry wasn’t trying to say that is what you wanted. I dealt with them a month or so ago and was also surprised not to see an invoice for a few days.

I was more so responding to previous comments, not by you, that indicated small business should have the same infrastructure as amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post

I hate the idea email is lazy. I send most correspondence by email so you have paper trail of comments both for reference in case you forget what they say on the phone and to hold businesses accountable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast