Thread: DD MFR rail

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar

DD MFR rail

Forgive me, if I’m over looking something, but whate is the difference between the MFR XL and the XS 15” M-Lok
    I’m intending on installing it on my first Gen DDM4V7 ?
    Regards.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    The XS has a smaller internal diameter than the XL rail.

The XL is 1.61" diameter inside (Mainly for fitting suppressors inside the handguard), while the XS is 1.39"

So depending on your hand size and if you prefer a bulkier rail or a thinner one, that would be your only difference (or if you want to put a fake can under the handguard)

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    The XS has a smaller internal diameter than the XL rail.

The XL is 1.61" diameter inside (Mainly for fitting suppressors inside the handguard), while the XS is 1.39"

So depending on your hand size and if you prefer a bulkier rail or a thinner one, that would be your only difference (or if you want to put a fake can under the handguard)
    Thank you for the response.
    If I chose the XS, as I have no intention of having a fake can,would I need to change the gas block from the stock.
    Last edited by midnightpossum; 06-30-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    Thank you for the response.
    If I chose the XS, as I have no intention of having a fake can,would I need to change the gas block from the stock.
    Nope, the old M4v7's have the low profile gas block which DD makes sure all their handguards work with. The XS is the "normal" handguard model, the XL has extra clearance for suppressors.

You will have to take the gas block off (I think they use set screws) as I'm pretty sure they use different barrel nuts, but that's it. Shouldn't be too big a deal as long as you have a torque wrench.

Daniel Defense website says they include the barrel nut wrench with the rail, so you should be good to go on that as well.