Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NR Stag 15???

Super GunNutz

NR Stag 15???

Are there any plans to release a NR Stag 15???

Lol

Sure, step 1) reform the firearms act.

...I too, would like rifle length ARs to be non-restricted.

Edit: wait was it an OIC that named ARs as restricted?
    ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=٩(- ̮̮̃-̃)۶=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Are there any plans to release a NR Stag 15???
    If you understood why the Stag 10 is NR then you would know why this won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RKRZ View Post
    If you understood why the Stag 10 is NR then you would know why this won't happen.

Im not sure what this means.

OK I will bite as I am not a "AR" guy. I will ask the dumb question with a lot of guessing/assuming.
    The modern Sporter is NR. Its only a receiver but isint the Stag -10 designed along the same intent? I assumed they changed the internals (and barrel length) on restricted AR10 to make it NR. You can take a restricted AR15 with a long enough barrel and throw everything onto a modern sporter and you now have a NR AR15. Why cant a NR Stag 15 be made?

Stag 10 is AR102 derived not AR10.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by the Dakota kid View Post
    Stag 10 is AR102 derived not AR10.
    Ok sooooooooo why cant a NR AR be built by Stag in 5.56 if they can do it for 308/6.5CM? I would bet that was the intent of the original post that started this thread.

Super GunNutz
    Well I just used the term Loosely.
    But Arms East did say that there was a NR .223 semi in the works,from Stag

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GMHVAC View Post
    Ok sooooooooo why cant a NR AR be built by Stag in 5.56 if they can do it for 308/6.5CM? I would bet that was the intent of the original post that started this thread.
    You can slap a 556 barrel on a stag10 receiver. Not so sure how mags would work. It would be NR but it wouldn't be an AR.

And btw you got it wrong. Nobody changed the internals of an AR10 to make it NR. Anyone who did that would just create a variant of an AR10, which is itself a variant of an AR15, which is restricted by name. So it would be restricted.

What STAG, BCL and now Troy did, is copy the AR102 design, which precedes the AR15, so it's NR. What ATRS did is a completely new design that doesn't match with an AR15, so it's NR.

All of the previous and for the benefit of 45C's original question...

That's what happens when a Liberal lawmaker changes good rules into bad rules. If you look at the history of the Liberal (self-proclaimed natural governing) Party of Canada, they have been slowly eating away at firearms ownership in this country. After the shooting at L'Ecole Polytechnique, the Conservative government chose a new approach with Bill C-17 which implemented firearms safety training coupled with 2 phase licensing (PAL/RPAL) in 1992. C-17 was a pragmatic and thoughtful piece of legislation, but the Liberal government that followed jumped into a major "boondoggle" with Bill C-68 and their 2+ Billion Dollar long gun registry...AND...reclassification of many various firearms from Non-Restricted to Restricted, from Restricted to Prohibited.

The Liberal intent - well voiced by PM TatterTot and his Sycophants - is to disarm Canadians, as if the 2.3 million licensed gun owners were the problem. The Liberal mindset is simple - disarmament by absolute decree will garner a major backlash from law abiding Canadian firearms owners...so the alternative is to do such things as "grandfather" one generation, eventually requiring disposal of the firearm(s) when the owner dies.

Disarmament by attrition legislation. No money provided to compensate for the property you lawfully paid for. No option to pass any firearms that are "grandfathered" onto grandkids or other family members.

As has been pointed out previously - When a government doesn't trust it's law abiding citizens with firearms, those very citizens should no longer trust the government.

Sorry for the rant...but the Liberal party has to be defeated in October...otherwise there'll be no recovery from their ideology on many levels.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast