Thread: Hammerli Tac R1

CGN Regular

Hammerli Tac R1

https://www.irunguns.com/rifles/semi-automatic-rifles/wal-hammerli-tac-r1-22lr-16-20rd

Any possibility of getting these into Canada with a NR status? Seems like basically no compatibility with AR parts except some of the furniture. And even the name doesn't immediately scream "AR variant". Is there a chance?

Why would this be NR? Every other manufacturer that sells an AR'ish .22 is classed as restricted.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    This is an AR it’s restricted

Even says in the description

CGN Regular
    It's less of an AR than the SLR or the Modern Sporter (both of which are NR). Non interchangeable receivers, and not a single interchangeable internal part. You can't even swap out the trigger. It's about as much of an AR as the Mossberg (which is NR).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarms View Post
    Why would this be NR? Every other manufacturer that sells an AR'ish .22 is classed as restricted.

empty your pm's.. I'm trying to pm you about your ruger and your mail box is full

I see the Hammerli TAC R1 (Walther) on www.irunguns.com. It is not on the list of 1500 banned firearms. Is it possible to buy from the US site and bring it in to Canada?
    Never present your opinion as fact.
    A mere perception is a false perception

Quote Originally Posted by eduardok View Post
    I see the Hammerli TAC R1 (Walther) on www.irunguns.com. It is not on the list of 1500 banned firearms. Is it possible to buy from the US site and bring it in to Canada?
    IRG said they won't import it since there is no FRT entry for it. Which is too bad, as it could be classified as an NR 22LR by the FA details alone, but I guess FRT recognition is required for import..