Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do your "brass" knuckles your selling skirt the law?

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    Even if made of plastic I don't see a point in owning these.

If you were to be searched by police (or police saw you with them) carrying these, they are clearly a weapon.

And as per Canadian Criminal code, possessing or carrying a concealed weapon is illegal.

But as for say a knife there may be a utility purpose behind carrying a knife, used for cutting various objects, or a rescue tool trapped by a seatbelt etc etc. Utility purposes allow you to carry a knife legally. Self defense is not one.

But as for these there is no utility purpose. They can't be used as a tool in anyway, they are clearly for use a weapon.

Enjoy your new criminal record if your caught with these.
    They are legal period. Anyhow they look like they would make a great tool for tenderizing pork chops for schnitzel, great tool for an overlanders kitchen. I also like to punch out the bottom of cardboard boxes to break them down, these would same me from a few bloody knuckles.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

CGN frequent flyer Liquid_Snake's Avatar
    Hf I never thought of that... breaking down boxes is a pain for me ...I like they way you think outside the box hahahaha

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Looks like the usual GN 'Police' squad is on patrol.......
    Sadly...

We are our own worst enemy more often then not
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    How do you feel about plastic forks and knives?

Whats your point? Plastic forks and knifes are obviously no problem to possess, they have a utility purpose. That's my point their is no utility purpose with plastic knuckles. Even if they are plastic they are clearly still only a weapon
    Last edited by truemask; 07-07-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    a hammer can also be a weapon,would you get a criminal for owning one? LOL.
    you could NEVER be convicted,,the laws on brass knuckles the way it's written makes sure of that,,
    criminal record,,LOL
    You clearly don't understand. A hammer has a utility purpose as a tool so yes it is legal to own. Knuckles DO NOT have a utility purpose.

And as I mentioned it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon. Meaning if your walking around with these knuckles in your pocket that's carrying a concealed weapon.

It doesn't matter if they are a prohibited weapon or not.

Even if you carried a hammer in your pants and police could prove you have intent or had used it as a weapon. You would catch a carry concealed weapon charge.

Same with a screwdriver. If you using it to break into houses. And police have grounds to believe that. You would be charged with possess break and enter tool.

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Really then how come when I got pulled over and searched, they gave them back to me? Anything can be considered a weapon, it's all about intent. Anyway they've been in Canada for years. Don't tell the cops you plan on punching someone with them and you're golden. Oh, and make sure you wrap some paracord around it, because it's a paracord wrap after all.
    That's because they had no grounds to prove they are being used as a weapon. And they are not expressly listed as prohibited, in a vehicle makes it harder to prove as concealed weapon.

Walking on foot is a different story.
    Last edited by truemask; 07-07-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlander2018 View Post
    They are legal period. Anyhow they look like they would make a great tool for tenderizing pork chops for schnitzel, great tool for an overlanders kitchen. I also like to punch out the bottom of cardboard boxes to break them down, these would same me from a few bloody knuckles.
    No it depends on how they are used. Anything could be considered a concealed weapon if police have reason to believe it has use as a weapon. You could try to BS your way out it if your lucky. But I wouldn't want to be the one trying to convince police your walking around with plastic knuckles to tenderize any pork you come across.
    Last edited by truemask; 07-07-2019 at 09:32 PM.

CGN Regular
    Why does a Dog lick his knuckles?
    Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    Because I can

How bout dat?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    I want someone to bring these on their person at an airport before a flight to see how far the "not a weapon" argument takes you.

I'm leaning towards the "keep them and you dont fly" consequence...
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yup, we don't have to worry about the Liberals; we have our own to condemn us. In past times, folks who jumped to judge their peers to please the masters were called very bad names once the masters fell out of favor. Social engineering has triumphed.
    Semper Fi