Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do your "brass" knuckles your selling skirt the law?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    I want someone to bring these on their person at an airport before a flight to see how far the "not a weapon" argument takes you.

I'm leaning towards the "keep them and you dont fly" consequence...
    Your example is very poor because there is lots of fairly innocent items we can carry in our daily lives, that cannot be carried on board a passenger plane.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by billbmcleod View Post
    And why would you want them anyway?
    Because It pisses off libtards

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are using them repeatedly, the ban on single use plastics isn't until 2021
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    You clearly don't understand. A hammer has a utility purpose as a tool so yes it is legal to own. Knuckles DO NOT have a utility purpose.

And as I mentioned it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon. Meaning if your walking around with these knuckles in your pocket that's carrying a concealed weapon.

It doesn't matter if they are a prohibited weapon or not.

Even if you carried a hammer in your pants and police could prove you have intent or had used it as a weapon. You would catch a carry concealed weapon charge.

Same with a screwdriver. If you using it to break into houses. And police have grounds to believe that. You would be charged with possess break and enter tool.
    gotta love armchair lawyers,,these knuckles are 100% legal.and that's pretty much all you need to evade that criminal record as you put it.,
    it's the same as those stun batons and canes that are sold everywhere now,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    I want someone to bring these on their person at an airport before a flight to see how far the "not a weapon" argument takes you.

I'm leaning towards the "keep them and you dont fly" consequence...
    By the same standard, nailclippers and water bottles are also weapons.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    Whats your point? Plastic forks and knifes are obviously no problem to possess, they have a utility purpose. That's my point their is no utility purpose with plastic knuckles. Even if they are plastic they are clearly still only a weapon
    Where in the criminal code is it written that anything must have a utility purpose in order to not be considered a weapon? Most things in out modern have no or little utility purpose.

The reason why the list of prohibited weapons is so long is specifically because anything not on it is deemed not being a prohibited weapon. Actually, the fact that brass knuckles are on the list of prohibited weapons, and specifically defined as made of metal, would indicate that an item of the same shape made of any other material is specifically intended to not be a weapon.

As for article 90 of the criminal code (Carrying concealed weapon), section 2 of the CC defines what a weapon is:

“Weapon” means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use
    (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or
    (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
    and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm

Honestly, anything that's not readily visible can be considered a concealed weapon if you use it, or intend to use it, to cause death or injury to any person. That includes your belt, your keychain, your underwears, your wallet or phone, etc... Proof of the purpose for possessing the weapon may be established by the manner in which the weapon is used, circumstances and statements surrounding its use and the rational inferences to be drawn from the facts.

So yeah, a cop could arrest you for carrying a g10 knuckle under the pretense that he believes you have the intent to harm someone with it. Depending on the circumstances, you could be charged. For example, if you're in a bar trying to start a fight, or in a dark street following someone. But a cop that would just arrest you for carrying one of these as a keychain on a normal day would be a total dick, and at that point, he could just as well arrest you and charge you with any of the laws or bylaws that cops routinely use to harass people, and it would be more effective.

On a side note, the people who have been searched multiple times by cops in canada might want to rethink some of their life choices. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    gotta love armchair lawyers,,these knuckles are 100% legal.and that's pretty much all you need to evade that criminal record as you put it.,
    it's the same as those stun batons and canes that are sold everywhere now,
    Your still missing a big chunk of my point. Sure they are not prohibited but neither are kitchen knifes but if you walking around with one in your pocket good luck explaining to a officer why your carrying it.
    They won't buy your carrying knuckles for any reason other than to harm a person. They can't be used for anything else.
    And like that except says one of the definitions of a weapon is something designed to cause harm. Obviously that is the design of plastic knuckles. They have no other purpose.

And again if you got found with a stun baton in your pocket I would gurantee prohibited or not you would be in hot water.

But again the onus is on police to determine somekind of intent as a weapon. But carrying concealed is the problem IMO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Lots of utility. Decoration. Key chain. Rope holder. Radius drawer. Paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by leosnipes View Post
    FYI G10 is NOT plastic. It's hard and durable processed fibre glass seen on grips of $200 knives.
    It’s still just fiber reinforced plastic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Your example is very poor because there is lots of fairly innocent items we can carry in our daily lives, that cannot be carried on board a passenger plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    By the same standard, nailclippers and water bottles are also weapons.
    lol, don't try to convince me... I'm talking about any rent-a-sec person at the airport seeing these on you... I'm sure they'd never let you on, whatever reason(s) you'd give them. Heck they dissalow items that are obviously less "weaponny".

The point is that it doesn't matter what's true or not, if you're carrying these and whoever is controlling you (cop, security,etc) will likely win in the sense that you'll probably won't be able to continue on your path with said item...

------

And for the whole "ciminal code" and what not, two things:

Actus reus, and mens rea

(Google it)
    Last edited by tharkhold; 07-08-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Because It pisses off libtards

That's good enough reason for everyone here to buy one period,,,the rest of the whiny drivel is irrelevant...
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home