Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do your "brass" knuckles your selling skirt the law?

CGN compliance agents out in full force I see.
    The people who jump into threads with:
    "wHo NeEDs tHaT!?"
    "iSn'T tHAt iLlIgaL!?"
    "wHy WoULd rEtAiLErs eVEn SElL tHIs!?"
    Lol, these people are far worse than liberals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    CGN compliance agents out in full force I see.
    The people who jump into threads with:
    "wHo NeEDs tHaT!?"
    "iSn'T tHAt iLlIgaL!?"
    "wHy WoULd rEtAiLErs eVEn SElL tHIs!?"
    Lol, these people are far worse than liberals.
    Collection of Dudley do rights know it all...wish they would just beat it ..lol
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home

No utility? I use mine as a meat tenderizer. Very therapeutic.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    Your still missing a big chunk of my point. Sure they are not prohibited but neither are kitchen knifes but if you walking around with one in your pocket good luck explaining to a officer why your carrying it.
    They won't buy your carrying knuckles for any reason other than to harm a person. They can't be used for anything else.
    And like that except says one of the definitions of a weapon is something designed to cause harm. Obviously that is the design of plastic knuckles. They have no other purpose.

And again if you got found with a stun baton in your pocket I would gurantee prohibited or not you would be in hot water.

But again the onus is on police to determine somekind of intent as a weapon. But carrying concealed is the problem IMO
    used for any other purpose?,,says who.?,,,you.
    better go back to law school,because at this point you wont win any of the cases you just put forth,
    "your Honnor" the accused was carrying a concealed hammer.LOL,i think it was to harm someone,
    judge,,he was coming back from the hardware store,
    bye bye case,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Its the same logic that prevented (and yes THEY DID TRY) legal firearm owners legally transporting legal firearms being charged with having concealed weapons by following the transport rules of keeping their firearms out of sight, cased, in the trunk etc.

The law enforcement mentality saw that as opportunity for claiming that this makes them concealed weapons because......hey! Its a 'firearm' and its 'concealed'.....regardless of logic and that they are following the law

Yes our law enforcement community and the crown did try that angle and more than once.

Its a bonus if the law gets you to break the law without having to commit actual crime.

BTW for all those transporting Non Restricted out there, nothing prevents you from being treated as it is a Restricted until the judge says otherwise.

I know people that always add an extra layer like putting a trigger lock and cable on their NRs......just sayin'
    Last edited by Milanczar; 07-08-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    Even if made of plastic I don't see a point in owning these.

If you were to be searched by police (or police saw you with them) carrying these, they are clearly a weapon.

And as per Canadian Criminal code, possessing or carrying a concealed weapon is illegal.

But as for say a knife there may be a utility purpose behind carrying a knife, used for cutting various objects, or a rescue tool trapped by a seatbelt etc etc. Utility purposes allow you to carry a knife legally. Self defense is not one.

But as for these there is no utility purpose. They can't be used as a tool in anyway, they are clearly for use a weapon.

Enjoy your new criminal record if your caught with these.
    agreed. The loop does not correct the only intended purposes of this. Unless you beat something for a living in a legal way.
    Member of NFA

Even if they were metal, IDGAF.
    ORA Service Rifle competitor, NSCC/DCRA supporter, CSSA and CCFR member + Firearms legal defence
    The Antis are after ALL of your firearms. NONE of them are “safe”.
    Wake up Canada!!.

Quote Originally Posted by billbmcleod View Post
    And why would you want them anyway?
    you could use them to hold plastic shopping bags
    You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.' --Mark Twain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    On a side note, the people who have been searched multiple times by cops in canada might want to rethink some of their life choices. Just saying.
    Or perhaps maybe the police should be more respectful of our constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizure. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by luciferco View Post
    agreed. The loop does not correct the only intended purposes of this. Unless you beat something for a living in a legal way.
    Let's postulate that all the aforementioned utility reasons don't exist, there still remains one incredibly valid reason: wilderness protection.

I had a long argument with a co-worker who said that my (SOG) assisted opening knife was prohibited because I could open it with little to no effort. I brought him the criminal code which stated otherwise. Loopholes!