Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do your "brass" knuckles your selling skirt the law?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The intent of the legislator is obviously not to send grey cup winners to jail.
    Then the law is not properly written or there is a double standard which cannot be tolerated and must be eliminated.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Then the law is not properly written or there is a double standard which cannot be tolerated and must be eliminated.
    Occam's razor: The law is written properly and you don't understand it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Last edited by Gotrek; 05-05-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Occam's razor: The law is written properly and you don't understand it.
    That razor cuts both ways.....if you don't understand what you are talking about by commenting on what you think instead of what you know in the first place.

Try to worry about the topic and issues not your bias to validate an invalid point of view and facts.

Things should start to make more sense to you hopefully.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    Even if made of plastic I don't see a point in owning these.

If you were to be searched by police (or police saw you with them) carrying these, they are clearly a weapon.

And as per Canadian Criminal code, possessing or carrying a concealed weapon is illegal.

But as for say a knife there may be a utility purpose behind carrying a knife, used for cutting various objects, or a rescue tool trapped by a seatbelt etc etc. Utility purposes allow you to carry a knife legally. Self defense is not one.

But as for these there is no utility purpose. They can't be used as a tool in anyway, they are clearly for use a weapon.

Enjoy your new criminal record if your caught with these.
    Found the cuck.

The only thing people "need" is a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Everything else is "want". So, shut the FU about what people "need". I can look into "everyone's" life and eliminate things they don't "need". You don't want to lose your sh*T, then shut up about my sh*T. If I want plastic brass knuckles, then I'll goddamn own plastic brass knuckles and it's none of anybody's else's business. We shouldn't be denied anything. And if wrongdoing occurs, well, there are laws to punish those people....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I want a 100 rd. double drum AR mag, pinned to 5, because, well because I've got more money than brains, and I wanna be a cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuff View Post
    The only thing people "need" is a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Everything else is "want". So, shut the FU about what people "need". I can look into "everyone's" life and eliminate things they don't "need". You don't want to lose your sh*T, then shut up about my sh*T. If I want plastic brass knuckles, then I'll goddamn own plastic brass knuckles and it's none of anybody's else's business. We shouldn't be denied anything. And if wrongdoing occurs, well, there are laws to punish those people....
    I agree with this sentiment.

The lazy totalitarian state idea of safety is treating everyone as a wrongdoing monster in waiting.

Very convenient mass criminalization while doing nothing effective versus the actual criminality and criminal acts.

The idea of the 'innocent criminal' that is law abiding but must be controlled because they cannot be trusted just in case is a classic red herring.

Locks do nothing to stop real criminals for example. You want in, you will get in. Innocent law abiding people however cannot as they would not want to and it would not
    occur to them to break in and the techniques to do so etc......but a criminal....no problem.

This is an example of false safety. It feels good but next to as good as useless.

Same goes for firearms, blades, kinetic weapons or objects. Policing the innocent is easy work and looks good and doesn't involve actually stopping the bad guy except by rare chance.

But its the numbers in the end that count not the difficulty factor. So the low hanging fruit is picked.

The innocent count as bad guys, put up little trouble, easy to convict without legal aid resource and so paper crimes are idea.

Criminals could not care less.

And people wonder why criminality, gun crime etc keeps getting worse when we keep cracking down on the innocent relentlessly.

What could we be doing wrong????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    In the states you can get them with small spikes installed
    In the meaner eastern US cities they called these a set of "pro's" as code speak amongst the street wise.

Thier most nefarious role was maiming/torturing people who neglected to pay thier bets/debt.

Truth....
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.