Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR4 24-25 Aug 2019 Debrief here!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-l View Post
    Hey Barney,

Just sent EMT for F-L, he is joining us for this PR.... Are we gonna see another "Hail to the King" order this weekend?
    That “hail to the king” dinner was crazy mad and epic. Looking forward to seeing him on the firing line. EMT was great. Thanks for that quick deposit!

Cheers
    Barney

CGN Regular
    I’ve got an unopened box of 100 Berger 155.5 Fullbores and around 100 Sierra 175 TMKs to sell. If anyone is interested let me know and I can bring them.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDJer View Post
    I’ve got an unopened box of 100 Berger 155.5 Fullbores and around 100 Sierra 175 TMKs to sell. If anyone is interested let me know and I can bring them.
    Bring them along...

Remember folks, for those arriving on Friday afternoon/early evening, we are gonna get together. Some folks gather at Kelsey’s for around 7PM

And some of us gather at Quesada Burrito at 630PM. Whichever can work for your taste or budget.

I’m a burrito kind of guy on the Friday nights. Oh yeah, a simple reminder to drop into Full Spectrum Gear on Victoria (Street?) and also Millbrook Tactical across from the KIA dealership, or next to TD Bank on Petawawa Blvd.

Any last minute thoughts for the weekend of shooting and eating (don’t forget Danny’s Steak House on Saturday night) ??

Oh yeah, we have a guest competitor showing up to shoot and smell the powder burn... hint: he’s not used to shooting inside 600m... ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Cheers, Barney

See you at Quesadas Barney. Looking forward to the weekend. Got me a new toy to try out. Don

Business Member
    Checked in at my cottage G106. Life is good. Will be hungry for Burrito dinner soon. Hahahaha

See some of you tonight.

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Doing the stats and trying to post right now.... Post #2

MattB and PatR:

I seem to have erased your scores for the Match 64 600m deiiberate. Can you guys check your notes and send scores to me?

I’ve tossed the score cards out back on the range hut.

Let me know what you guys think....

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-26-2019 at 02:08 PM.

This was my first time shooting these distances with a scope. Learned lots, Barney is a great guy if some of you are nervous about being around a guy with so much experience. There were no issues getting on the Base at all. I would recommend any newbs to check their equipment from the prone prior to attending the shoot. They say to bring 200 rds, you can get by with a 100 for the 2 days and still have fun. Make sure you're zeroed for 100 before arriving. I thought 5 rd mags would have been ok and it was except for one relay, I missed an exposure while changing mags. Other than that it was okay. It was a great weekend and I would recommend it to anyone, it was pretty relaxed.

Thanks Barney, money well spent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fully aware I'm Living the Dream.

CGN Regular
    Barney, I had 1v, 1 miss and 8x4. So 37 on the 600m. Pat R that was

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    And here are the results.....
    Mercy Prize: Free Pr weekend Entry and Bottle of Weapons Lube: Junior37C
    Appreciate it brother. Not a great weekend on this end.

But I wanna be great, so I'm grateful.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to demonstrate for a whole host of people beyond just myself why you should label your rifle cases in some way to prevent bringing the wrong one. I sincerely hope that everyone else learns from my mistakes and we as a community don't see that one again.

I am grateful for my having had the opportunity to demonstrate clearly "one man, one kit." it's nobody's problem but yours when your sh*t doesn't work/isn't here and it's on you to fix it.

I am grateful for my having learned the lesson (the hard way) that "extractors breaking isn't just a mumbo jumbo fairy tail that you hear from great uncles and grandfathers that did all their shooting with Enfields that fought in the war." it does in fact happen even on modern firearms.

I am EXTREMELY grateful that a failure like that happened at a regional match and not a national one, and that I have learned that the old timer wisdom of "keep a complete spare bolt/bolt carrier in your ruck." is not hocus pocus mumbo jumbo but actually sage advice that I will be following from now on.

But mostly I'm grateful to have had a weekend with good friends in a great community that are totally willing to give me a hard time when I screw up and be the first to offer everything they've got to help get me going again in a pinch. No less than 4 offers to use someone elses rifle, but unfortunately I don't intend to use any of those rifles at Meaford in 2 weeks so it would have been of little use to me.

Adversity into Advantage, everything that goes wrong is an opportunity to learn those lessons in a training environment rather than a critical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior37c View Post
    Appreciate it brother. Not a great weekend on this end.

But I wanna be great, so I'm grateful.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to demonstrate for a whole host of people beyond just myself why you should label your rifle cases in some way to prevent bringing the wrong one. I sincerely hope that everyone else learns from my mistakes and we as a community don't see that one again.

I am grateful for my having had the opportunity to demonstrate clearly "one man, one kit." it's nobody's problem but yours when your sh*t doesn't work/isn't here and it's on you to fix it.

I am grateful for my having learned the lesson (the hard way) that "extractors breaking isn't just a mumbo jumbo fairy tail that you hear from great uncles and grandfathers that did all their shooting with Enfields that fought in the war." it does in fact happen even on modern firearms.

I am EXTREMELY grateful that a failure like that happened at a regional match and not a national one, and that I have learned that the old timer wisdom of "keep a complete spare bolt/bolt carrier in your ruck." is not hocus pocus mumbo jumbo but actually sage advice that I will be following from now on.

But mostly I'm grateful to have had a weekend with good friends in a great community that are totally willing to give me a hard time when I screw up and be the first to offer everything they've got to help get me going again in a pinch. No less than 4 offers to use someone elses rifle, but unfortunately I don't intend to use any of those rifles at Meaford in 2 weeks so it would have been of little use to me.

Adversity into Advantage, everything that goes wrong is an opportunity to learn those lessons in a training environment rather than a critical one.
    You had a wicked weekend and you went thru hoops to make it work, koodoos on that.
    Seeing this post gives me even greater respect for you.

"A smart person learns from their mistakes.
    A wise person learns from the mistakes of others."

You made no excuses. Amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fully aware I'm Living the Dream.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast