Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR4 24-25 Aug 2019 Debrief here!!

CGN Regular
    I'm grateful to Barney, Morgan and Heather for making these weekends happen. The are a great way to spend a weekend with friends and family, and meet new friends.

Take care of the small things. Last night when I was cleaning the dust out of my action and off my bolt I found that the rear screw of my bolt had unscrewed a number of turns. I'm glad I found this before Meaford. Now I'll be making sure to periodically go over my rifle and check the screws.

I too would like to thank Barney (long drives), Morgan and Heather (many weekends) for making these weekends happen. I'm lucky that Base is only a 2 hour drive for me. I would also like to thank everyone out this weekend for supporting my shooting partner (eminus_27) while she struggled with her scope sending rounds everywhere except for where she aimed on Sunday (note, she shot at 600m "cold" behind my RPR).
    A special thanks to Morgan for the thoughtfulness on the range ride offers to "the gimp" (and the back of the Deuce experience :-); but, I have to push thru it to get some strength back in the Quad muscle (close to 11KM of walking in two days).
    Barney, I tied for 5th in only my 2nd season; pretty happy with that...thank you. (that new hostage target is "special".)
    Cheers

Thank you again for another great weekend Barney (and for spotting me at 600, it helped a lot), thanks to Morgan for hosting us and Heather for being our sentry. Also thanks to John AT and the Duck for being the Butts officers. We are really lucky to have these weekends and it’s such a great and welcoming group to shoot with and I’m very grateful for that I think for all of us how much the little things can throw you off was driven home (still in awe that Junior37c made the round trip twice just to shoot with us).

Thanks. I enjoyed doing that. A whole new appreciation for what goes on in the butts. Thanks Barney for encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone and up my game.

Barney here:

People who don’t know any better make fun of the ButtsO and workers down there. They don’t realize , the ButtsO is the guy that runs the entire match!

Without well trained ButtsO, the match would turn out to be a ShztShow....

You did a fine job down there. Not a single complaint on the target presentation throughout the matches. Now it’s time for you to run more matches as ButtsO and be /stay/remain in control of things. Ha ha ha ha ha

From this point on , you are gonna be working down there, and asking, “How would Barney run things?” Ha ha ha ha

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-29-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345