Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR5 12-13 Oct 2109 Debrief Here!

Thread hi-jack. If anyone from GTA - Barrie area looking to share a ride, let me know, my shooting partner bailed on me. Hate driving on my own - so company would appreciated. To be clear - I am not looking for a ride - looking for a passenger. I have a large SUV - so lots of room for second kit. PM me if there are any takers.

What time are you leaving and I live in Milton fyi. Where are you staying?
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

Staying at Quality Inn. Leaving Friday PM (flexible) was thinking early afternoon 2 or 3. I am on my own schedule so... (leaving from Richmond Hill)

Roger, I'm staying more in Pembroke so I think it'll be too much running around for ya while we're there. Thanks for the offer though
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

Business Member
    Only a few more sleeps. So excited to be seeing our crew once again. Been a couple of months and I’m stoked to see all of you.

Some points to consider.....

As you pack your rig, do this....dig out the Allen keys you need to tighten your rings and ring bases. Do it now. Snug up all your screws before you pack your rig into your travelling case/hard case/Pelican/ Nanuk/ Plano/ NCStar etc.

I did mention that you should be arriving at Garrison Petawawa Bravo Range with a 100m zero, but sometimes that’s not always possible.

So, tighten things up right now. You will be surprised at the loose rings / bases that turn up on the Saturday and then evolve into sloppy base screw position retention by Sunday afternoon. I see this all the time. Take a few moments... tighten everything down... AGAIN!!

Then when you uncase your rig at 100m on Bravo, you will be confident. Besides, we are ALL gonna re-zero at 100m so It’s All Good!

A few minutes of confidence building goes a long way.....

I would rather you discover/make/encounter these mistakes with me around you... versus a catastrophic scope failure at the Nationals or Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge on the firing line!!

See you guys in a couple of days....

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Quesada Burrito soon!!

Harrpara is here at the cottage and we were shopping at the CANEX just now!

Got a bunch of Christmas shopping completed. Hahahahaha

1830 or 630 PM across from the KIA Dealership

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    Staying at Quality Inn. Leaving Friday PM (flexible) was thinking early afternoon 2 or 3. I am on my own schedule so... (leaving from Richmond Hill)
    can't make it this time, but i was there once last year and been looking for buddy to go with.

What time we meeting for breaky at the mess?

Business Member
    Home after a six hour and change drive. Algonquin Park traffic was busier than usual and I’ve never experienced a back up or delay of any sort until tonight. Glad it’s all over. I hope everyone got home safely despite the cottage traffic.

Will post up the results from today’s match by tomorrow afternoon.

Right now I just need to unwind and give all sorts of thanks to the entire community for a super weekend. Life cannot get any better. Well.... maybe except for a CPC Majority. Hahahaha

Ttyl tomorrow. Goodnight all!

CGN Regular
    Thanks for a great day of instruction and and match Barney, it's much appreciated! Will definitely be back again!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast