Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Battlegrounds of the 2019 Election

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thank you Wolverine303.

1. Mind if I share your list?
    2. How can we help the Conartists in these ridings defeat the red menace Lieberals, Dipsters and Watermelons?
    1. Of course, please do.
    2. That is an excellent question, what does everyone think?

What is a good non-aggressive approach to a civil political discussion with someone with opposing views? We as the firearms community generally speak on behalf of ourselves when it comes to the political debate, but the opposing party's can turn towards an emotional conclusion, instead of looking beyond the surface of the debate. These types of people could be met on a different playing field, staying from the emotional subjects but looking at other areas to sway their opinions. Away from firearms, perhaps look at discussing economy and community. Something where both parties in the discussion can have a back and forth without the need for the emotional drive of violence and past tragedies, as this is the greatest hurdle on these types of people.

Not everyone's world includes firearms either so we have to remember that there is more to this fight than just us, our economy, our people, our jobs and livelihoods are also things that are at stake. How long until this country is tapped dry and we are on our 4th bailout like some of the European economies.... We need to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

I'm in BC.. lots of votes for the turd last time.. EVERYONE I've spoken to who voted Lib regrets it now, however most are not fans of Andy, just hoping for a big left split vote.
    WOW! is that FULLY SEMI AUTOMATIC!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    this should be stickied till the election.
    Agreed . Excellent info ....thanks to the OP .

I think we'll be just fine. The issue as to why Conservatives lost is because people didn't like Harper. If we had a different leader we would not have been in this mess.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    1. Of course, please do.
    2. That is an excellent question, what does everyone think?

What is a good non-aggressive approach to a civil political discussion with someone with opposing views? We as the firearms community generally speak on behalf of ourselves when it comes to the political debate, but the opposing party's can turn towards an emotional conclusion, instead of looking beyond the surface of the debate. These types of people could be met on a different playing field, staying from the emotional subjects but looking at other areas to sway their opinions. Away from firearms, perhaps look at discussing economy and community. Something where both parties in the discussion can have a back and forth without the need for the emotional drive of violence and past tragedies, as this is the greatest hurdle on these types of people.

Not everyone's world includes firearms either so we have to remember that there is more to this fight than just us, our economy, our people, our jobs and livelihoods are also things that are at stake. How long until this country is tapped dry and we are on our 4th bailout like some of the European economies.... We need to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others.
    Indeed.

I've heard it said that Liberals always fall down over the economy and they sure are staying true to form with their actions this time.

I just hope everyone keeps the financial hardships that undoubtedly are ahead from running up huge deficits at the front of their minds when voting.

Quote Originally Posted by EDX2308 View Post
    I think we'll be just fine. The issue as to why Conservatives lost is because people didn't like Harper. If we had a different leader we would not have been in this mess.
    I suspect you are right. Even the best leader will eventually go "stale" for the masses which is what I think happened to Harper (shame as I feel Canada would be in a much better place had they kept Harper based on his track record).

Harper didnt have a lot of time for selfies and other nonsense that people seem to put so much value in nowadays which is where the part time drama teacher scored. Those selfies come at a price so hopefully they remember that when they're paying back the deficits this imbecile ran up.

^^^ hah.

SQUIRREL!!
    With guns...we are citizens.
    Without guns...we are subjects.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H. L. Mencken

CGN Regular
    Turdeau treated his 4 years in office as one big vacation paid for by us the tax payers. Now it has been proven through the SNC-Lav #### that he is just as crooked as any of the rest. A lot of voters were swayed by the promise of legal cannabis and hopefully now that they got what they wanted those voters can crawl under the rug again and not be so motivated to vote. Anyway my two cents. Well if the penny was still in circulation.

Yes, you NAILED IT
    Elections now decided by who doesn't show up to vote.....
    Ya just gotta get 10% more of the people to show up to vote on the CPC side and the libs
    are sent to pasture to collect pensions on our dime

Quote Originally Posted by raypoh View Post
    The thing is no body goes out to vote.
    FYI just to bring out a point I vote with my firearms license

thank you. I have been advocating to those i can reach.