Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Battlegrounds of the 2019 Election

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bradmclean's Avatar
    every body in this house is getting off their arses and voting for helen konanz.
    leave no can standing

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Say he wins by 25,000 votes this time. They view that as "losing ground" even if they retain power. They'll try to understand why, in the long-game. Their objective isn't to serve Canadians; their objective is to retain power. Serving Canadians to that end is just a byproduct of the quest for power.

Say for the sake of argument that only half the PAL holders in the country voted in the last election, but every single PAL holder votes this time around. That's a million more (mostly conservative) votes. Do you think that won't go unnoticed in the LPCs strategy sessions? It may not swing an election but it sure as hell will sway LPC policy.

Whatever, just stay home. If you put half the effort into voting that you put into explaining your reasons not to...

Like I said. just turn your guns in now. You don't deserve them. They're just going to take them anyway, right? Nothing you can do about it so don't bother trying.
    Like I said you clearly don't understand how the electoral system is set up in canada. Ont and Que will decide it for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by schwyl View Post
    Like I said you clearly don't understand how the electoral system is set up in canada. Ont and Que will decide it for the rest of us
    Loser mentality. Enjoy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Good battle ops.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Loser mentality. Enjoy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    In a free country, people have the right to park their lazy asses at home, forfeiting their vote and continue whining online like little bitches. It’s why good men lost their lives fighting, isn’t it?

No shortage of that type of mentality in this community. I’m guessing many of those people complaining about gun orgs not doing enough aren’t dishing out a cent for membership.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by schwyl View Post
    Yup, sounds that way to me

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    In a free country, people have the right to park their lazy asses at home, forfeiting their vote and continue whining online like little bitches. It’s why good men lost their lives fighting, isn’t it?

No shortage of that type of mentality in this community. I’m guessing many of those people complaining about gun orgs not doing enough aren’t dishing out a cent for membership.
    Not to derail too much but this forum has more than a fair share of whiners. For a bunch of alleged free-market conservatives there's sure a sense of entitlement and gift-horse-mouth-looking floating around. Even when something's free it's not free enough, or if there's a fundraiser contest with, say, a .223 gun as the prize someone's going to pipe up with "well if it was creedmore I'd buy a ticket..." or someone designs a shirt but 20 guys gripe because it's not the colour they want.

it's like an episode of The View, except EVERYBODY is Joy Behar.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    We'll take your word on it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    We'll take your word on it.
    your ears must have been burning.

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post

Same dynamic as why Oregon and Washington get run roughshod over by Portland and Seattle down here, 60% (unreturned ballots) just sit on their hands and expect 16% (Republican/pro-gun ballots) to somehow overcome 24% (major-metropolis Demofascist Progdouches... the major-city political machines invariably have very high turnout, largely through manufactured ballots, "ballot harvesting" and other shady if not outright Election Fraud practices.)

You have a number of us down here praying that you manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat like we did, my friends.
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.