Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **mags mags mags mags mags !!**

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Um....pics are above in my first post. If you want specific pictures of the tab on the front, sorry, I am not posting those. They won't do you a lick of good if you don't have the dimensions which are on a printed card that comes with each magazine.
    Could you post a picture of the card? I'm just wondering how big of a deal it will be to make a modification to use the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    Could you post a picture of the card? I'm just wondering how big of a deal it will be to make a modification to use the mags.
    Nope, sorry. What we don't want is someone trying to do the mod without having the mag in hand to test fit as they do it. This prevents us from getting calls from people that have messed it up and are now blaming us.

The mod is to be done by a qualified gunsmith or Red Seal machinist only. It is incredibly simple to do if you have a milling machine and a sharp end mill. If you plan on using a Dremel in your work shop then I will save you the headache now - PLEASE DON'T. It will turn out badly, I guarantee that.

We offer the service to modify it for you, the cost is $65 plus tax and shipping. Some shops that sell the mags also have milling machines and I'm sure will be offering the service so you won't need to ship it and pay the extra expense. I will be posting the shops that have agreed to carry the mags soon.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Well done Leigh!
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Nope, sorry. What we don't want is someone trying to do the mod without having the mag in hand to test fit as they do it. This prevents us from getting calls from people that have messed it up and are now blaming us.

The mod is to be done by a qualified gunsmith or Red Seal machinist only. It is incredibly simple to do if you have a milling machine and a sharp end mill. If you plan on using a Dremel in your work shop then I will save you the headache now - PLEASE DON'T. It will turn out badly, I guarantee that.

We offer the service to modify it for you, the cost is $65 plus tax and shipping. Some shops that sell the mags also have milling machines and I'm sure will be offering the service so you won't need to ship it and pay the extra expense. I will be posting the shops that have agreed to carry the mags soon.
    I understand where you are coming from. I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity of what needed to be done. Anyone who tries to mod their rifle without the mag, specs or proper tools gets what they deserve.

I'll wait until someone posts it here or on Reddit etc.

Very cool. My understanding is that these will be sold by dealers only unless you bought a TUF-22. My question is, if I send my receiver to you to be machined can I get mags when it is shipped back or do I need to order seperately from a dealer?

Forgive me for being out of the loop on this but does this mean we can have our 10/22 receivers milled to acceptthese magazines?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Hell yeah. Red seal journeyman machinist in Calgary eagerly waiting to butcher my 10/22 receiver to accept these guys! Lol.

Hoping the Calgary shooting center will be on if your distributors.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    Forgive me for being out of the loop on this but does this mean we can have our 10/22 receivers milled to acceptthese magazines?
    Yup. The whole point is that they will NOT fit the charger pistol. They were designed and manufactured for Dlask's TUF 22 rifle, of which there is not and will never be a pistol variant. You can modify your non restricted 10/22 action to accept these RIFLE rimfire magazines, and the original 10/22 platform mags will still work in your 10/22 (but the TUF 22 mags will never work in the charger pistol).

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    Yes. That is exactly what they're saying.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Excellent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast