Thread: Are you the distributors for Kriss Vectors?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Are you the distributors for Kriss Vectors?

Are you the distributors for Kriss Vectors? Mine is broken, would need repair. Or maybe an entirely new lower.

Wooooo how’d you manage that?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Out of battery?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vkyle91x View Post
    Wooooo how’d you manage that?!
    I pulled the trigger. Boom! Actually more like a totally regular, average bang! There wasn't even more recoil or anything.

The mag was expelled. It suffered enough damage to become unusable, but it's not really that banged up. The gun seems mostly OK too, except for the plastic part. I probably lost a few tiny parts in the mag hold/release mechanism when the plastic shell blew up, but that's pretty much it. The bolt and the barrel are not even scratched. It didn't seem to me like there was anything unnatural about that particular round at that particular time; if the gun hadn't blown up, I wouldn't even have noticed. By that I mean there wasn't any more recoil, noise, or anything that would point out to something that would make one of these blow up. I've seen people shoot double-loads at the range, and these are underwear-sharting moments. This wasn't it. This was a lot more of a wtf? moment. More confusing than frightening, really.

I'm fairly confident that most of the lower is OK. Pretty sure with just the plastic shell and the few parts that disappeared, it would function 100%. I'd still like a knowledgeable gunsmith to confirm it, but I think this gun still has a long life in front of it if replacement parts are available.

Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    Out of battery?
    I don't think so. I wouldn't swear to it in court, but I think the round was fully chambered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    Out of battery?
    I just looked at the remaining of the brass case, and you might be right. It was the last round of the magazine, so I didn't think it was possible. Can the vector fire when out of battery? I'm mostly used to pistols, and most pistols can't fire if the slide isn't fully in battery.

Edit: I just googled "kriss out of battery" and the first result is an article on thefirearmblog about a guy who's vector fired out of battery. The pictures look EXACTLY like mine. I'd bet you were right.
    Last edited by VinnyQC; 07-10-2019 at 02:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    What do the primers look like in the casings that are empty. Are they flat? What kind of shells were they? Handloads? If so they could have been a bit hot or not hot enough. Out of battery usually occurs after a hang-fire or light primer strike that doesn’t immediately go off. People jump on working the action to quickly and pay for it just as quickly. I’ve seen an out of battery in 12 gauge. No one was hurt but it will wake you the hell up.

Please check your PM. Thanks.