Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Vietnam era M16... Very cool firearm.

I read the last few pages of posts with great interest. Many were hung up on the existence of foreward assist or not. If you’re at that level of nitpicking you also need to worry the existence or not of fences or slabside. If you don’t know what I’m talking about you definitely need to do more research before you can build an accurate viet nam era clone. Also tear drop Foreward assist or bullseye Foreward assist. Trap buttstock or non. Duckbill, three prong, or bird cage flash hider.
    Last edited by sahara; 08-31-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Added info
    In my favorite dream I'm on the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Rosie O'Donnell is also on spouting some dumb s**t. So I swing a large Northern Pike like a bat and smack her right in the fat yap. Debbie Travis and Sarah Palin coo seductively. Johnny and Ed high five me. The audience gives me a rousing standing ovation. Later we pick up Dean and Jerry and head over to Hef's.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sahara View Post
    I read the last few pages of posts with great interest. Many were hung up on the existence of foreward assist or not. If you’re at that level of nitpicking you also need to worry the existence or not of fences or slabside. If you don’t know what I’m talking about you definitely need to do more research before you can build an accurate viet nam era clone. Also tear drop Foreward assist or bullseye Foreward assist. Trap buttstock or non. Duckbill, three prong, or bird cage flash hider.
    Not about nitpicking, i just wanted a like era gun because thats what i wanted. ya it might be for show .Every single person i know will never know the difference. Its about my satisfaction and iam happy. I know it aint accurate. its enough for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    My Norinco is fitted with A2 furniture {Green-not sure if re-pro or not} ..handguards are slight sloppy/loose, nothing much though. I would love to have the A1 {triangle} on this..but this is working out OK for now. Easier to install the A2 style. This is an earlier Norc w/ that kinda Grey-ish finish..& an early '00' {3 digit} serial #- but she never had a jam since I have owned it. This one is very accurate too. Only thing is, that she really make that THUD/Thump sound in the spring almost every shot lol..need to look at that, maybe an upgrade there or something. Cheerz ~

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I used to have one. As a lefty it spit brass in my face.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Love it! Other than the stock and handgaurds what did you change?
    Buttstock + Internals
    Swapped A2 grip for A1
    Swapped the tapered A2 delta ring for a cylindrical one.
    A1 Handguard
    A1 Triangle endcap.
    3 prong flash hider

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567