Vietnam era M16... Very cool firearm.

caramel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Thanks for this DA 556 Vietnam era clone M16, i think this is awesome, the rifle look like a piece of history.

Happy i got one of those.:dancingbanana:

I took 7 weeks to get here, usual performance for a CFO in Québec.

Came with 2 X mags 10 /5, oïl bottle, sling, targets, tools and a book. It's a beauty time capsule rifle.

Non removable carry handle, 20 inch barrel and 1 12 ROT, this should be very good with 55 gr.

DSC00542_zpsxawirrhx.jpg

DSC00541_zpsgx59etaz.jpg

DSC00543_zpswstrqymf.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get this from Dlask?
I got this one from Leigh:

I just happened to have a correct bayonet for it. Perfect fit.

I asked Leigh for suggestions on what to do with my Dlask 'Justin Case' lower, and he said "M16"?
I had wanted one of these since I was a kid, but had complelty forgotten, or never thought it would be possible.
He had a Colt upper sitting there, and so I said YES PLEASE!

Leigh went to work, and sourced all the parts needed to build an authentic M16. It's as close as I'll ever get anyways. Within a week, it was done. I can't get over how light it is. It really shoulders well.
I've ordered a correct VN era sling, and working on finding a Brownells repro waffle mag to complete it.

Leigh has a few more uppers hanging around, and now that he's built this one, it will be much less work to build more. Why don't you contact them, if you're interested?

I dont intend to add anything on it, i dont even know if i will shoot it, i mainly bought it to add to the number of AR out there.

I was lucky to get the last one from Canadammo, i really had no idea what i was buying, everything turn out fine, the look of the rifle is Vietnam era cool Mattel rifle.

...the look of the rifle is Vietnam era cool Mattel rifle.
-ish.

As call2arms pointed out, all three pieces of plastic furniture are quite different from a US issued, Vietnam era rifle.

Frankly, I think people do not give the Norinco 311 variant enough credit. It was a legitimate variant unto itself, and I think it's a shame how many people scrap the furniture to go the USGI look. I think the Chinese furniture would sell well to the Americans looking to recreate something they have only seen in a book.

Back
Top Bottom