Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanic Lever Action .410 Shotguns, Free Shipping!

CGN Regular
    How many rounds in the magazine? Will .45 colt chamber as well?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    Definitely interested if the latter is applicable
    I'd change my name if I could, trust me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    It will chamber... but this is a smooth bore shotgun with at least a modified, if not full, choke. The .410 bore should be .410 of an inch, but sometimes they can be as much as .430 (wikipedia) where the .45LC is a .452 to .454 grove diameter: the bullet may end up a permanent fixture at your choke where the .410 constricts to .396 in a full choke (The Shotgun Book by the late Jack O'Connor).

.410 Shotgun is shown by Alliant powders to have a max chamber pressure of 12,700 PSI. This matches the .45LC chamber pressures of a black powder charge according to my reloading manuals, and the max chamber pressure for modern smokeless powder 45 Long Colt such as in Rugers and Contenders can be loaded as hot as 25,000PSI (CUP) (Speer Loading manual).

I just bought a different Turkish .410 and it specifically says that no .410 shotgun is rated for .45 Long Colt without being marked as such due to these issues of bore, choke constriction and higher pressures.

If you wish to load "shotshells" with 45LC brass, Magtech actually makes full length 2 3/4" brass .410 cases. I load them by hand with a simple shot cap over #4 bismuth: the result is a 3" .410 magnum shell that fires from a 2 3/4" chamber at an ***estimated*** 12,500PSI that should feed and chamber in this rifle.
    Last edited by Aniest; 07-13-2019 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Magtech info
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    These look great. I don't have the money for them, maybe if theres stock next year. These are gonna be one of those things you all or I had wish we had bought when there was the opportunity, like the lightning pump rifles.

Perhaps Ill start putting $20's away and saving up for it though, would love to have one in my lifetime.

You said that there is no choke, but could you tell me what is the fixed choke on them

Business member DominionOutdoors's Avatar
    bump

204-325-4110
    dominionoutdoors.ca
    store@dominionoutdoors.ca
    Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram

As was asked before, is there a fixed choke on these or just cylindre bore

If I was a betting man, I would bet chokes on these would be a cylinder or a #4. Rifles and shotguns are different classification in Turkey and owning a rifle require a lengthy paperwork process and 4-5 times more expensive. AR-15 style shotguns in .410, and lever actions like these came to be so shooters can shoot slugs and own/enjoy these types of firearms for cheap...

Business member DominionOutdoors's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer83 View Post
    As was asked before, is there a fixed choke on these or just cylindre bore
    Just heard back from the supplier and they are approximately an Improved Cylinder fixed choke. Safe for all types of shot.

204-325-4110
    dominionoutdoors.ca
    store@dominionoutdoors.ca
    Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram

I would like more information on TWI Canada since it's responsible for warranty issues. Would you have a link to TWI Canada?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast