Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verification of Legit Leupold Products

CGN Regular

Verification of Legit Leupold Products

Hi Korth,

Does Korth verify if scopes are legit Leupold products? I have a scope I took on trade I'm 99 % sure is counterfeit and have spent a lot of time on the phone and emailing pix etc. to Leupold USA whom also thinks its counterfit but physically require the scope to be 100 % certain. They really take the counterfit scope verification next level was pretty impressed how helpful they are. Any way I was hoping to not have to deal with import / export issues and keep it Canada side.

Thanks in advance
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

I had a problem with before with a scope I wanted to buy. I thought it was fake. The price was really low and the serial number was strange. I asked my husband to check into it. He called or emailed Leupold in the US and they said it was fake. For really good fakes, this is not so easy. If there is any doubt, I just don't buy.

Leupold scopes seem to be the most counterfeit scopes out there. There's a guy in Ontario that actually goes around selling fakes as legit. Quite a few guys have been scammed already.
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Thanks for the heads up, fake scopes hadn't occurred to me before, but then everything today has a clone or copy.

I recently had to use their services on a trade in. I don't know if Korth does it, though I'm sure they are capable of it. I made a very quick call to Leupold and after a few questions they verified authenticity.

They have a web page that provides all the information you will need

https://www.leupold.com/service-supp...erfeit-warning

"How to Check for Authenticity

All Leupold riflescopes are given an individual serial number. Counterfeit scopes often use a fake serial number, all identical serial numbers, or incorrect numbering convention. If you find a scope that is suspect, simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to ask if the scope is authentic. In most cases, we can confirm a scope’s authenticity by its serial number.

Leupold riflescopes are all designed, machined, and assembled in our Beaverton Oregon manufacturing facility. We do not have any other riflescope manufacturing facilities or offices anywhere in the world. So if you come across a Leupold riflescope being shipped into the United States from China, it is a very likely a counterfeit.

We encourage all consumers to protect intellectual property and combat counterfeits by reporting suspected counterfeits to www.iprcenter.gov/referral or by sending us detailed information using the Ask a Leupold Expert form and selecting “Counterfeit Issue” for the “How can we help you?” question."
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

There are allot of very good Leupold fakes out there, I have run across a couple myself. I checked the serial number with Leupold and luckily didn't get scammed. A good percentage of the scopes online from places like Ebay are fake. They end up filtering into the second hand market and sometimes the seller doesn't even know it's fake.

Leupold has the best guaranty and service in the industry but before you buy make sure it's a genuine product. I bought a 30 year old M8 scope and sent it to Leupold for an inspection. It came back serviced at no charge.

CGN Regular
    I was caught by scammer with a fake DPP a while back. He provided photos of a legit DPP and a purchase receipt from BassPro over text to verify authenticity, but then swapped the optic for a fake one at sale. Leupold customer support was able to verify the serial number and confirm it was a fake. They even sent me an email which was provided the police as evidence.

Any pics of the fakes?

Nevermind. Quick search on Alibooboo found the source.
    Last edited by Karnage; 07-14-2019 at 12:55 AM. Reason: found em

CGN Regular
    To the original question, yes Korth should be able to do it. I wanted to verify a second hand scope I purchased a couple of years back. I provided Korth with the serial number and they not only told me it was legit but also where the original point of purchase was.

Business Member
    Good morning all,

Our apologies for the late response - we were off at the PRS match Rob Furlong hosted this weekend. Please send your serial number - we have records dating back around nine years. If we are unable to verify, a call to Leupold will be required.

If you are buying from a reputable dealer, you should not have a problem buying Leupold with confidence. However, if the deal looks to good to be true; or, the seller is not well known, you are best to be cautious.

KGL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast