Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kayak trip with non restricted firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    That's great. Black bears aren't dangerous unless you're getting between a sow and her cubs. If you're worried, bring a can of spray - they are much more handy anyways.
    um sorry no....just spoke with a forestry guy in Smithers who was attacked by a black bear and found his bear spray less than effective...killed the bear with his hatchet....
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    um sorry no....just spoke with a forestry guy in Smithers who was attacked by a black bear and found his bear spray less than effective...killed the bear with his hatchet....
    I don't have any scientific data but I've also heard that the black bears "seem" to be getting a little more aggressive. May be just a matter of numbers, both of bears and people, leading to more unfriendly encounters.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    That's great. Black bears aren't dangerous unless you're getting between a sow and her cubs. If you're worried, bring a can of spray - they are much more handy anyways.

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff117 View Post
    Never did I ask if loaded in a kayak was ok. Strictly crown land only.
    I'm not 100% certain but I'm leaning heavily towards you can't have it loaded unless you're hunting, or actively target shooting. So walking around with it loaded would require you to be hunting, which in turn would require you to adhere to the 2 and 1 rule.

Edit: sorry for some reason my brain went shotgun. With a rifle of course no 2 and 1 rule.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123