Kayak trip with non restricted firearm

That's great. Black bears aren't dangerous unless you're getting between a sow and her cubs. If you're worried, bring a can of spray - they are much more handy anyways.

um sorry no....just spoke with a forestry guy in Smithers who was attacked by a black bear and found his bear spray less than effective...killed the bear with his hatchet....

um sorry no....just spoke with a forestry guy in Smithers who was attacked by a black bear and found his bear spray less than effective...killed the bear with his hatchet....

I don't have any scientific data but I've also heard that the black bears "seem" to be getting a little more aggressive. May be just a matter of numbers, both of bears and people, leading to more unfriendly encounters.

Never did I ask if loaded in a kayak was ok. Strictly crown land only.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm leaning heavily towards you can't have it loaded unless you're hunting, or actively target shooting. So walking around with it loaded would require you to be hunting, which in turn would require you to adhere to the 2 and 1 rule.

Edit: sorry for some reason my brain went shotgun. With a rifle of course no 2 and 1 rule.

Back
Top Bottom