CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171

Thread: TARA TM-9 9mm

  1. #81
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    GTA, Ontario
    Posts
    3,275
    Dear Plenty of Fish....looking for a girlfriend named Tara.

  2. #82
    Uber Super GunNutz xdmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Back in Greater Vancouver
    Posts
    6,002
    Yikes, seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
    Took mine to the range last night , did 300 rounds . The cons - both magazines will only take 9 rounds. The trigger until I got used to it. The pros - the brass ejects so consistent it makes pick up easy, And the trigger short reset , so fast you can " brap brap" a magazine. Fits good in the hand, seems solid.

    No failures. All rounds on 12 by 18 target at 25 meters. Point of aim was around 14 inch high

  3. #83
    Uber Super GunNutz xdmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Back in Greater Vancouver
    Posts
    6,002
    Does anyone else have a line on the basic accuracy of these? Coming up blank on the forum and online in general. I've ordered one anyway, but still looking for good sources of info or practical review.

  4. #84
    Industry Member North_Sylva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    What is the situation with magazine availability?
    Expected to be available at dealers in approx. 6-8 weeks.

  5. #85
    CGN Regular Gmoney47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Southwest ON
    Posts
    533
    I have a problem with one of my mags. The slide locks back when there is one round left in the mag, every single time. Only one mag does it, and it seems the follower pushes the front of the round up, which in turn pushes the primer end down, and the slide locks open with the round in the mag.

    Not sure what to do, but I have a feeling it has to do with the way the mag is indented to limit to 10. Other than that pistol works great. No stoppages other than that in first two hundred rounds.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    I have a problem with one of my mags. The slide locks back when there is one round left in the mag, every single time. Only one mag does it, and it seems the follower pushes the front of the round up, which in turn pushes the primer end down, and the slide locks open with the round in the mag.

    Not sure what to do, but I have a feeling it has to do with the way the mag is indented to limit to 10. Other than that pistol works great. No stoppages other than that in first two hundred rounds.
    I had that problem with both of my mags. In my case I solved it by very slightly filing down the little tab on the follower that pushes up the slide lock.

  7. #87
    CGN Regular Gmoney47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Southwest ON
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramjacks View Post
    I had that problem with both of my mags. In my case I solved it by very slightly filing down the little tab on the follower that pushes up the slide lock.
    Oh I see, and that fixed it eh, interesting. Kind of annoying to have to do that on a brand new gun to make it work right, but I guess that's what you get for the price.

    I do like it, and am anxiously awaiting more mags to come in and get a few more, hopefully they don't do the same thing but after hearing both of yours did it, I wouldn't be surprised. How much did you file, can you post a pic?

  8. #88
    Uber Super GunNutz xdmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Back in Greater Vancouver
    Posts
    6,002
    I think issues are due to dented mags for limiting the round count, they've been done very crappie.

  9. #89
    CGN Regular Gmoney47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Southwest ON
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I think issues are due to dented mags for limiting the round count, they've been done very crappie.
    Yea I agree. Maybe north Sylva can chime in, are new incoming mags limited in the same way as these?

  10. #90
    CGN Regular Gmoney47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Southwest ON
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Expected to be available at dealers in approx. 6-8 weeks.
    Any update on mags yet? Been 8 weeks now, waiting patiently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •