Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: .458 Socom 5/10rd Magazines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
    why not?
    not now, maybe later
    How many 458 socom pistols are in Canada? Zero?

People have been asking for 50 beo pistol mags for about a decade. It ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Restricting the importation of something and something being prohibited are COMPLETELY different things. A 5 round rifle magazine is legal, no matter how many times the RCMP try to "reinterpret" the law.
    That's not relevant to this conversation. The .458 SOCOM round was designed to work in standard USGI / STANAG magazines, specifically without modification to the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    And as a side note: I am building a .458 SOCOM upper for my SLR. I'll be running .458 SOCOM in these mags. And #### you if you think I can't have a 5 round mag for that rifle just because the mag isn't proprietary. The law also states that I can run .223 in it if it fits, which I'll also do.
    Then you will be using a 5.56 / .223 Remington magazine that has been modified to hold five .458 SOCOM rounds, which is a prohibited device because it's a modified 5.56 / .223 magazine.

Those of you saying that this is "fudd talk" need to wake up. If you really think that the best way to further our legitimacy and reputation as firearms owners in Canada is to skirt (or in this case, outright break) the laws, then I'd rather you just not be part of our community. You are actively sabotaging the legitimate efforts made by the advocacy groups. The best way to accomplish anything is through legitimate channels and educating as many people as possible as to the reality of firearms ownership. We need more people to support our sport and recognize that law abiding licensed gun owners are not a threat to society.

Yes, most of our laws are pointless. I want to be able to conceal carry, I want no magazine capacity limitations, I want suppressors, and I want the option to own fully-automatic firearms if I choose. Unfortunately none of those things are legally obtainable for me, so I'm not going to break the law just because I want them.
    Last edited by Xero; 07-28-2019 at 07:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    ^ well said
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Exactly my sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    That's not relevant to this conversation. The .458 SOCOM round was designed to work in standard USGI / STANAG magazines, specifically without modification to the magazine.

Then you will be using a 5.56 / .223 Remington magazine that has been modified to hold five .458 SOCOM rounds, which is a prohibited device because it's a modified 5.56 / .223 magazine.

Those of you saying that this is "fudd talk" need to wake up. If you really think that the best way to further our legitimacy and reputation as firearms owners in Canada is to skirt (or in this case, outright break) the laws, then I'd rather you just not be part of our community. You are actively sabotaging the legitimate efforts made by the advocacy groups. The best way to accomplish anything is through legitimate channels and educating as many people as possible as to the reality of firearms ownership. We need more people to support our sport and recognize that law abiding licensed gun owners are not a threat to society.

Yes, most of our laws are pointless. I want to be able to conceal carry, I want no magazine capacity limitations, I want suppressors, and I want the option to own fully-automatic firearms if I choose. Unfortunately none of those things are legally obtainable for me, so I'm not going to break the law just because I want them.

Last edited by psychickitten; 04-29-2022 at 10:51 PM.

BANNED
    Anyone that goes out to remind others that what they are doing isn't kosher is the definition of FUDD !!!

I swear i feel like im in a Liberal cesspool in this thread !
    Last edited by DILLIGAF; 07-29-2019 at 11:45 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psychickitten View Post
    These are the followers these mags use for your reference:
    https://youtu.be/QWgagwUWYsY?t=50

They are not anti tilt.
    Same followers as CF mags. Just pretend you're in the CF.

CGN Regular
    delete
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 08-02-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by psychickitten View Post
    These are the followers these mags use for your reference:
    https://youtu.be/QWgagwUWYsY?t=50

They are not anti tilt.
    This is disappointing since Wolverine advertised them as anti-tilt...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Does changing follower make it “more” prohib? These followers don’t feed the 458 round well.
    Complain to the designer of the 458 socom. A tilting follower feeds more reliable than an anti tilt follower. If you are having issues with these specific mags feeding 458socom, I doubt that is the issue
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!