Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: .458 Socom 5/10rd Magazines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for seeing someone charged, go to court, and win against the RCMP/Crown in this instance

But I will not intentionally bait others by saying they are legal by presenting only one side of the situation to get said court case sooner than later.

Let people decide their own risks based on All the information available, not just your own opinion.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    "Mucked up" ? I guess when you refuse to look at both sides of the situation you would see it that way.

I have a lot more to lose since I hunt public land with my 50beowulf and other NR big bores. The chances for a guy getting stopped on the way to and from the gun range with a few magazines mixed in his range bag with his 223/556 magazines for his rifle and an officer inspecting what they are carrying, and noticing the different magazines with no big bore rounds present are slim to none in comparison.
    The only people I know that seek the Beowulf mags are competition guys. What kind of awful hunter would need that capacity in a rifle for taking down game? You're just beating a dead horse over a non issue, and blew this thread up for no good reason

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    The only people I know that seek the Beowulf mags are competition guys. What kind of awful hunter would need that capacity in a rifle for taking down game? You're just beating a dead horse over a non issue, and blew this thread up for no good reason
    I don't need the capacity, my mags are pinned to two like all current imports are. I just choose to hunt with big bore non restricted rifles.

I have yet to see anyone on the podium in competition that used a 458 or 50 Beowulf rifle
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I don't need the capacity, my mags are pinned to two like all current imports are. I just choose to hunt with big bore non restricted rifles.

I have yet to see anyone on the podium in competition that used a 458 or 50 Beowulf rifle
    Of course not man, no one uses a beo or 458 at comps. I don't think you get and by this point never will.

By reading through this thread, I can tell you're a hit at parties. You're probably the guy who calls the RCMP lab whenever someone finds a way to exploit a legal loop hole

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Of course not man, no one uses a beo or 458 at comps. I don't think you get and by this point never will.

By reading through this thread, I can tell you're a hit at parties. You're probably the guy who calls the RCMP lab whenever someone finds a way to exploit a legal loop hole
    How is it a loop hole when people have been arrested, charged, spent money on lawyers, etc. Just because everyone so far has made a deal to avoid a trial/chance of conviction doesn't make it worth the risks imo, obviously you are fine with that possibility.

So far the only case that can be substantiated as actually happening is the one where the magazines were kept and the guy already plead out numerous other charges steming from the same incident. Others have claimed to have been arrested and charged only to have the magazines returned and charges dropped, but no police file number has been produced or found by a lawyer to corroborate said stories, in other words people trying to bait law abiding gun owners into a false sense of security until it is proven otherwise.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Never takes a hint.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Thank you officer brian

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Never takes a hint.
    It's simple, if people have had charges dropped and mags returned, there would be a police file number attached to said arrest. When the crown dropped charges they would have had to file paperwork as to why they are no longer going to pursue the charge/charges. As the accused you would want a copy of the discharge papers so the crown can not pretend it never happened if they decide later on to change their mind. The accused would also have gotten receipt from the police when they confiscated the magazines, and another receipt when property was returned.

So why would people claim this has happened to them yet there is no documentation that can be found anywhere by anyone to support said claims?

3-4 rounds?
    Last edited by Iamjocanadian; 07-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamjocanadian View Post
    Anyone having issues with these mags where the followers tilts forward and gets bound up on the last 3-4 rounds?
    Yeah, the anti-tilt followers aren't the best at not tilting.

The Magpul enhanced self-levelling followers are 1000% better. They would likely require a re-pin to maintain the same capacity though.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!