Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Now Accept EMTs

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    So this means people could actually just send you their PAL numbers and expiration dates (similarly to how they do for all of the other big and small retailers in Canada) but the orders will just take a little longer? Or you guys are not willing to do that on a regular basis for people?

I am asking because I know myself, and thousands of other users, who fundamentally disagree with the unnecessary (and not legally required, REF. See any other retailer) practice of collecting scanned copies of PALs.
    Yes you can just send the PAL number and Date Of Birth. Expiration date is useless information for verifying your license. If we are busy however this will delay shipping your order.

As for what other retailers do... This is not a requirement we choose, I want to make that abundantly clear here. This is 100% the AB CFO and every retailer in Alberta is subject to this requirement.

I will also iterate again, if you send a photo or just the number you are effectively sending the same amount of personal information anyway.

I will also state that we never share your PAL information with any 3rd party.

Further comments regarding PAL verification for ammunition orders in the thread will be removed since it's off topic.

Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 07-26-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Yes you can just send the PAL number and Date Of Birth. Expiration date is useless information for verifying your license. If we are busy however this will delay shipping your order.

As for what other retailers do... This is not a requirement we choose, I want to make that abundantly clear here. This is 100% the AB CFO and every retailer in Alberta is subject to this requirement.

I will also iterate again, if you send a photo or just the number you are effectively sending the same amount of personal information anyway.

I will also state that we never share your PAL information with any 3rd party.

Further comments regarding PAL verification for ammunition orders in the thread will be removed since it's off topic.

Thank you for the clarification, and that sounds good!

order already placed ! Thank you spectre
    move through life quietly , have your stuff ready to go at a moments notice.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone who has been using our EMT system. I'm honestly surprised at how popular it's been.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12