Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IWI Masada OR 9mm Striker-Fired Pistol

SKU#: 007000358-MR. MSRP$54.99.

Perfect. I'm glad to see these here!
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

Just curious to know if the trigger group has full rails or just pads fore and aft. Couldn't quite see in the video and no mentionTy.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Regular
    Absolutely love mine! If your on the fence, just go for it. The value is surreal. Just waiting patiently on left hand draw holster options

Business Member

Quote Originally Posted by AntekPL View Post
    Absolutely love mine! If your on the fence, just go for it. The value is surreal. Just waiting patiently on left hand draw holster options
    What do you love about it?

CGN Regular
    I really should do a range report, to come to think of it, but I'll jot down some basic first impressions.

I had been eyeballing the Jericho for years. But the last 5 I've focused mainly on the likes of the Sig P250, M&P9, Walther PPX. Now, after glancing at those 3, most afficiados may scoff and and say, those are budget market pistols, this guy is an amateur, blah blah. Well, yes, I am an amateur. With a budget, looking for a reliable, versatile pistol and always wanting to delve into the famed world of IWI. Everyone has a preference. However, this is what I had to compare against, from performance, ergonomics, reliability and the big seller, price point.

Enter the Masada.
    Please note these are personal observations, based on my hand size, body type, experience etc. Every shooter is different but...right out of the box the pistol felt like an extension of my arm.

Ergonomics: right out of the box, the pistol was as if fitted to my hand with the mounted backstraps. This isn't a fanboy rave, it just felt, right. The system comes with an additional 2 backstraps on top of the already mounted one for what seems a variety of hand size types. My father for example, has mitts like you took a hockey glove and sewed skin over it, and quick 5 minute backstrap switch out, he was comfortably chucking lead down range like it wasnt his first time running the Masada. As there is a large difference between mine and his mitts, i can comfortably say the selection in back straps is sufficient.

Functionality: When they say fully ambi, they really mean it minus the ejection port. I'm a left handed shooter through and through. What made me smile with the Masada, unlike my P250 where I had to switch the mag release to the other (which wasnt a big deal), the Masada comes with a fully ambi mag release, ready to go. Left hand or right hand. No switching or fiddling. Slide releases on both sides as well. Pass it over to Pops beside me for a run, and the only thing changed over is the shooting hand, nothing on the pistol. Serrated cuts on slide, a squared trigger guard, picatinny rail on bottom. I cant speak to the optic ready as of yet, as I just ordered it lol my current Masada is the non optic ready version.

Performance: Ran 6 different types of 9mm ammunition including Independence, Hornadys Critical Defense, Federal, Surplus, UMC and Maxxtech. 1200 rounds total. Not one failure to feed, eats everything like a fat kid on a birthday party marathon. Make sure your grip is on point everytime...tha slide bite is unforgiving! But that's on me. Mag changes flawless. I didnt have the slide stop problem that's been mentioned in some reviews online.

Accuracy: This really boils down to a shooters individual skills, but the rounds landed where I pointed. At the 3m, 5m, 10m and 25m mark, solid groups. (Will add pics with measurements later)

Sights: Simple 3 dot irons. Lines up well, nice and visible. Catches the eye quick.

Frame: Rugged, durable but aesthetically pleasing.

Trigger: The Masada advertises an average pull from 5.5 to 7 Lb. The break is clean, crisp and has a positive reset, together with a built-in trigger safety. Personally, I'm very happy with the trigger, but again, I ran a nightmare P250 trigger for a while before jumping onto the Masada train, hence my happiness which I'm sure is understandable.

Takedown: Easy peasy. Flip the lever, disassemble.

Price Point: Find a better price or better value for what your getting on an IWI class product, and I'll concede defeat. I'll wait.

Versatility: Potential to be your primary, back up, plinker, comp. pistol, all of the above? Check.

Final thoughts: When comparing to entry level EDC pistols, the IWI Masada takes the cake based on my personal experience. At the same time, ran it together side by side with my buddy's Glock 19. Comparable? Absolutely. My buddy was blown away.

Please note, from what I've read this is a combat pistol, or developed as such, as with the majority of IWI products. If you're looking to compare against high end CZ's or P320 Legions, well...you're missing the point behind this pistol. IWI has developed a fully ambi, budget friendly, aesthetically pleasing, solid, reliable, bring on the elements combat pistol that is a simple, no frills, no BS offering. This pistol is a TOOL, plain and simple.

Can you run it in competitions? I'm sure in right hands you definetly can. Would it make a hell of a backup pistol? Yup! Will IWI and other top accessory manufacturers capitalize on its versatility? They'd have to be crazy not to.

If your on the fence, I say go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Antek
    Last edited by AntekPL; 09-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntekPL View Post
    I really should do a range report, to come to think of it, but I'll jot down some basic first impressions.

IAntek
    Thank you very much for that detailed answer. I have an M&P 2.0. I like it, I can't really justify a second 9mm but the Masada speaks to me. It's been in my online cart several times.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Thank you very much for that detailed answer. I have an M&P 2.0. I like it, I can't really justify a second 9mm but the Masada speaks to me. It's been in my online cart several times.
    Exactly as it did to me. Proceed to checkout, you wont regret it my friend.