Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IWI Masada OR 9mm Striker-Fired Pistol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I like the Masada, I've seen alot of reviews, and they seem well made, just wish it was a hammer sidearm
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    I like it but Im offended it comes in a carboard box.
    I was too but the box is actually pretty cool and solid. Ads a nice different touch
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I like the Masada, I've seen alot of reviews, and they seem well made, just wish it was a hammer sidearm
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...Jericho-II-9mm

Quote Originally Posted by AntekPL View Post
    I really should do a range report, to come to think of it, but I'll jot down some basic first impressions.

I had been eyeballing the Jericho for years. But the last 5 I've focused mainly on the likes of the Sig P250, M&P9, Walther PPX. Now, after glancing at those 3, most afficiados may scoff and and say, those are budget market pistols, this guy is an amateur, blah blah. Well, yes, I am an amateur. With a budget, looking for a reliable, versatile pistol and always wanting to delve into the famed world of IWI. Everyone has a preference. However, this is what I had to compare against, from performance, ergonomics, reliability and the big seller, price point.

Enter the Masada.
    Please note these are personal observations, based on my hand size, body type, experience etc. Every shooter is different but...right out of the box the pistol felt like an extension of my arm.

Ergonomics: right out of the box, the pistol was as if fitted to my hand with the mounted backstraps. This isn't a fanboy rave, it just felt, right. The system comes with an additional 2 backstraps on top of the already mounted one for what seems a variety of hand size types. My father for example, has mitts like you took a hockey glove and sewed skin over it, and quick 5 minute backstrap switch out, he was comfortably chucking lead down range like it wasnt his first time running the Masada. As there is a large difference between mine and his mitts, i can comfortably say the selection in back straps is sufficient.

Functionality: When they say fully ambi, they really mean it minus the ejection port. I'm a left handed shooter through and through. What made me smile with the Masada, unlike my P250 where I had to switch the mag release to the other (which wasnt a big deal), the Masada comes with a fully ambi mag release, ready to go. Left hand or right hand. No switching or fiddling. Slide releases on both sides as well. Pass it over to Pops beside me for a run, and the only thing changed over is the shooting hand, nothing on the pistol. Serrated cuts on slide, a squared trigger guard, picatinny rail on bottom. I cant speak to the optic ready as of yet, as I just ordered it lol my current Masada is the non optic ready version.

Performance: Ran 6 different types of 9mm ammunition including Independence, Hornadys Critical Defense, Federal, Surplus, UMC and Maxxtech. 1200 rounds total. Not one failure to feed, eats everything like a fat kid on a birthday party marathon. Make sure your grip is on point everytime...tha slide bite is unforgiving! But that's on me. Mag changes flawless. I didnt have the slide stop problem that's been mentioned in some reviews online.

Accuracy: This really boils down to a shooters individual skills, but the rounds landed where I pointed. At the 3m, 5m, 10m and 25m mark, solid groups. (Will add pics with measurements later)

Sights: Simple 3 dot irons. Lines up well, nice and visible. Catches the eye quick.

Frame: Rugged, durable but aesthetically pleasing.

Trigger: The Masada advertises an average pull from 5.5 to 7 Lb. The break is clean, crisp and has a positive reset, together with a built-in trigger safety. Personally, I'm very happy with the trigger, but again, I ran a nightmare P250 trigger for a while before jumping onto the Masada train, hence my happiness which I'm sure is understandable.

Takedown: Easy peasy. Flip the lever, disassemble.

Price Point: Find a better price or better value for what your getting on an IWI class product, and I'll concede defeat. I'll wait.

Versatility: Potential to be your primary, back up, plinker, comp. pistol, all of the above? Check.

Final thoughts: When comparing to entry level EDC pistols, the IWI Masada takes the cake based on my personal experience. At the same time, ran it together side by side with my buddy's Glock 19. Comparable? Absolutely. My buddy was blown away.

Please note, from what I've read this is a combat pistol, or developed as such, as with the majority of IWI products. If you're looking to compare against high end CZ's or P320 Legions, well...you're missing the point behind this pistol. IWI has developed a fully ambi, budget friendly, aesthetically pleasing, solid, reliable, bring on the elements combat pistol that is a simple, no frills, no BS offering. This pistol is a TOOL, plain and simple.

Can you run it in competitions? I'm sure in right hands you definetly can. Would it make a hell of a backup pistol? Yup! Will IWI and other top accessory manufacturers capitalize on its versatility? They'd have to be crazy not to.

If your on the fence, I say go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Antek
    I love my Masada! Such a great handgun. I used to run MP9 2.0 and since then sold it. Don’t get me wrong, LOVE M and P’s but there is just something about the Masada, the grip is awesome, love the trigger guard, really feels like I can get a nice stable grip on it. Yes the texture is smooth and down the road will probably get stippling done but for what it is, awesome!

One thing I will say though is the mag release (depending on the shooters hands) for me is a bit sticky especially when I wear gloves. Love the way the M and P has it set as you don’t really break grip, I have to with the Masada.

I ran it at a 3 gun match this last week and it was ringing steel at 50yds no problem. Accurate, durable, decently priced (wish it was 500 like on the US).

I ran the gun straight out of the box with no oil And no issues. Didn’t clean it or
    Oil it and took it to a 3 gun match and it ran with no problems!

The sights are a bit different to use but once you get it, seriously accurate, check out this article here taking about the insane shots people where making with it! https://www.rainierarms.com/blog/iwi-masada-review/

Last thought, Holsters, I run a Safariland 576 GLS PRO-FIT HOLSTER which fits mp9 and Glock and the Masada fits nicely in it!
    IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    I love my Masada! Such a great handgun. I used to run MP9 2.0 and since then sold it. Don’t get me wrong, LOVE M and P’s but there is just something about the Masada, the grip is awesome, love the trigger guard, really feels like I can get a nice stable grip on it. Yes the texture is smooth and down the road will probably get stippling done but for what it is, awesome!

One thing I will say though is the mag release (depending on the shooters hands) for me is a bit sticky especially when I wear gloves. Love the way the M and P has it set as you don’t really break grip, I have to with the Masada.

I ran it at a 3 gun match this last week and it was ringing steel at 50yds no problem. Accurate, durable, decently priced (wish it was 500 like on the US).

I ran the gun straight out of the box with no oil And no issues. Didn’t clean it or
    Oil it and took it to a 3 gun match and it ran with no problems!

The sights are a bit different to use but once you get it, seriously accurate, check out this article here taking about the insane shots people where making with it! https://www.rainierarms.com/blog/iwi-masada-review/

Last thought, Holsters, I run a Safariland 576 GLS PRO-FIT HOLSTER which fits mp9 and Glock and the Masada fits nicely in it!
    you say it fits the 576 holster, do you have the long slide or short slide model? standard frame or wide frame? just want to be sure before i order one.

thanks!

I have been on the fence getting one but you guys have convinced me. Thanks.