Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transport First Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by Necro Monger View Post
    If you bought it from a store, they will have the transfer paperwork when you pick it up. That allows you to bring it home ONLY. In a couple weeks you will get a new RPAL card and the registration paperwork and ATT. Then you can take it to your range and fire it. EASY
    Ok, this does seem to kind of follow a lot of what has been instructed from the various people in the industry that I have talked to so far. Will still follow through to take all precautions.

Just didn't know if you also needed the new RPAL to bring it home. This does make sense, but not sure if sense is also "law-abiding" anymore (that's a bad joke).

I'm very sure all the information presented here by everyone does carry a lot of validity and am extremely appreciative for that! Seriously though it's just a bit convoluted.

Thanks again for all the input everyone, much appreciated!

If you bought it from a store, they will have the transfer paperwork when you pick it up. That allows you to bring it home ONLY. In a couple weeks you will get a new RPAL card and the registration paperwork and ATT. Then you can take it to your range and fire it. EASY
    Bingo! We have a winner, simple as can be to understand and right on the money.

Or call.

All the above info is great. As mentioned in another thread you will receive the new RPAL with the last 4 numbers being 0002, where as your original RPAL's last 4 numbers are 0001. And will be obsolete.
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 07-25-2019 at 12:59 AM.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Bingo! We have a winner, simple as can be to understand and right on the money.

Or call.

All the above info is great. As mentioned in another thread you will receive the new RPAL with the last 4 numbers being 0002, where as your original RPAL's last 4 numbers are 0001. And will be obsolete.
    The seller will have the SELLER'S copy of the transfer. The buyer needs to have the BUYER'S copy of the transfer 2 seperate things.

OP if your father doesn't have his copy of the transfer he CANNOT go pick up his new restricted.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

I would (and do every single time) just go and pick up the gun and take it home...he’s licensed, the transfer is approved...done.

Or you can call the CFO and have them tell you to do the above...You can even ask them for an emailed ATT...which they will tell you is not necessary..but if you insist, they may send you one, who knows...

Or, you can come on CGN and try and determine how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...

Do whichever you are most comfortable doing...At the end of the day, at some point, the gun needs a ride home.

Just for giggles, someone should compile a list of all of the licensed gun owners charged with an offence related to bringing their legally acquired restricted firearm home from the place of purchase...I expect it will look something like the this:

1)...
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Actually transfer paperwork is utterly useless in complying with the legal requirements to have a registration certificate, but no one seems to actually the care. The more I study the law and realize how many issues are created by the firearms act that are being openly ignored by law enforcement, the more I don't care what law enforcement, particularly the Canadian Firearms Program, think I should be doing.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Actually transfer paperwork is utterly useless in complying with the legal requirements to have a registration certificate, but no one seems to actually the care. The more I study the law and realize how many issues are created by the firearms act that are being openly ignored by law enforcement, the more I don't care what law enforcement, particularly the Canadian Firearms Program, think I should be doing.
    I know you'll probably say it's again not legal, but what about when I order a firearm online and have it mailed to my residence? The UPS driver likely doesn't have a PAL and certainly doesn't have the registration certificate. At most they have the transfer paperwork in the box.

I highly doubt anyone stopped by the police transporting their firearm home from the store with their PAL and transfer paper is going to be any trouble. There are gray areas.

CGN frequent flyer
    Why home only?

You need the reg cert to posses the firearm, not to transport it. So if the transfer notice is good enough to bring it home and good enough to keep it home, it's good enough to take it to the range.

Edit: Back to OP, in Ontario anyway, the CFO told me the conditions are attached to your license electronically, so you don't need to wait for your new RPAL. Wouldn't hurt to call and make sure that happened. If you want to play it safe and wait for your new RPAL, be prepared to wait, buddy just got his after 9 weeks.
    Last edited by Pocisk; 07-30-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Realistically in Ontario, make sure you have a trigger lock on the firearm another lock on the case, take the paper work (registration) from the seller (once the transfer is done, he / she no longer need that, and you will receive one in the mail) (if you borough it in a store, the store will have a copy of the transfer in your name).

Home sweet home.

CGN frequent flyer
    Just have it shipped to your house and don’t miss the shipper , that way it gets delivered to you when the store releases it and u don’t have to drive from the post office to your home with a restricted firearm , all problems solved .

Then just wait till u get the certificate in the mail , along with new RPAL and conditions .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12