powder

The new 4198 is a new lot. The 4895 is the same as the last lot AFAIK

Sweet!! Order in! So far I’ve bought 10lbs of each D4198, D4064SSC, and D4895. All have been excellent powders on par with their IMR equivalents but half the price!! Thank you thank you thank you!

It’s always burned my butt that these great powders are made in Canada, shipped to the US to be packaged under the IMR or Hodgdon labels and sent back to us for full retail price.

Way to work around that process CanAm!!

This is indeed some great powder! After some initial testing and seeing how versatile and effective it is, I bought a second batch of 10lbs.

In addition to regular 30 cal precision loads I have been downloading it to 60% max listings for cast lead bullets in 30 cal rifles. Hodgdon approves of the downloading rule for their H4895 and this D4895 seems to work the same way for me. I always get a full ignition and clean burn.

I have many powders in burn rates all across the board but between this D4895 and Allient UNIQUE you can can get decent loads for 90% of the calibers out there.

This is indeed some great powder! After some initial testing and seeing how versatile and effective it is, I bought a second batch of 10lbs.

In addition to regular 30 cal precision loads I have been downloading it to 60% max listings for cast lead bullets in 30 cal rifles. Hodgdon approves of the downloading rule for their H4895 and this D4895 seems to work the same way for me. I always get a full ignition and clean burn.

I have many powders in burn rates all across the board but between this D4895 and Allient UNIQUE you can can get decent loads for 90% of the calibers out there.

Thanks for sharing. I am using D4198 and D4064 among all my reloads ( 223, 308, 3030, 45-70)...Can I use the D4895 to replace the 2 that I am using for all the calibers? Thanks for any input :D

Thanks for sharing. I am using D4198 and D4064 among all my reloads ( 223, 308, 3030, 45-70)...Can I use the D4895 to replace the 2 that I am using for all the calibers? Thanks for any input :D

I have those other D powders as well. All are great. To answer your question yes D4895 would happily do all those in many bullet weights.

Edit* - the only one that isn't ideal would be the .223 only because the case mouth is so small vs D4895 the kernel size. If you're not using a progressive press to load .223 then this wouldn't matter much.

Last edited:
Has anyone used this powder for a 6.5 Creedmoor? Doesn't seem like the most popular choice, but it's very appealing based on the cost.

The plant says they are running all our powders, new and old from september through February. Those 2 should be here around October

Back
Top Bottom