powder

Order in!! 10lbs will keep my down loaded cast bullets shooting for quite a while! This will also do great with some Campro .308 bullets and S&B primers for some cheap .308 fun!

Thanks for bringing this in!

Do you anticipate ever having a steady supply of this sort of powder, or will it continue to be short runs and catch as catch can?

Has anyone used this powder for 223/556 in a Dillon measure, and can comment on metering quality? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Since its OEM it should be the same as store bought IMR4895.(??,yes??)

Took me 3 seconds on google

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/110351-is-imr-4895-powder-dillion-550-friendly/

It's IMR4895 OEM grade, so use IM4895 as a basis

OEM grade does not mean it is commercial IMR4895, hence my question. And, I trust Canada Ammo's customer reviews/experiences with Canada Ammo's products more than generic responses with similar products on other forums.

Take care,

Well this saves me a lot of money. Ordered 10lbs. As long as it performs half decent and doesnt explode my guns ill be happy. Will be nice to be able to load plinking 308 for just over 40c/rd.

Last edited:
Has anyone used this powder for 223/556 in a Dillon measure, and can comment on metering quality? Thank you in advance.

I used lots of the D4064 to make cheap .223 rounds with my Dillon. It wasn't great. I polished the caliber specific funnel to take out some of the machining marks from dillion and still got the odd bridging incident. Maybe one or two every 100 rounds. It makes a mess when it happens, but I just cleaned up after making 500 rounds. In the end it was worth it for me time wise because measuring each of those 500 charges would be much more painful for me than just reworking the two rounds effected when the bridging occurred and cleaning up afterwards.

The plus for me was when I used Hornady bulk .223 55 gr bullets I got consistent 1MOA ammo with my bolt gun. 55 gr CamPro's got 1.5-2"@ 100M. The D4064 charge nearly filled the case and you could easily do a visual quality control check before you placed the bullet in the case by observing the charge level. It also ran awesome in my AR15.

I'm expecting this D4895 to be a similar experience. I'll report back.

It's IMR4895 OEM grade, so use IM4895 as a basis

Is it IMR or H data to use...says IMR here but H on the website?
Screenshot-20190122-171102-Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom